GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Remote started my equinox yesterday morning (was kind of cold) and when I got in the car noticed that the rear view camera was on in the rear view mirror! Turn the key to “On” and the rear view camera went off.
Not sure if the last time I parked my car (I always park in reverse) I turned it off while the rear view camera was still on, that could perhaps explain what happened.

Anyone else noticed this behaviour? Will try to replicate.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Yeah, Happens all the time with me. I normally leave and return from work while it's dark so i've noticed it more often. If it's dark when you start it and you have auto-lights turned on, when you unlock the door and the lights come on your headlights/tailights and reverse lights come on. Camera is tied to your reverse lights coming on. Try it again when it's dark enough for the lights to turn on and you'll see it again. Normal

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Phantm006, it was indeed dark when I left. Will try this for sure!

·
Registered
89 Posts
About the reverse lights coming on, I have had a few friends comment that they have never seen reverse lights come on for any car when the car is unlocked with the remote. It is handy.
Here is a funny story. Soon after we bought the EQ, my wife and I were walking in a parking lot, and she yelled at me not to walk behind a car that looked like it was about to back up out of a space. I calmly told her that it was our car and I had just unlocked the doors!

·
Registered
749 Posts
fullcourt said:
About the reverse lights coming on, I have had a few friends comment that they have never seen reverse lights come on for any car when the car is unlocked with the remote. It is handy.
Here is a funny story. Soon after we bought the EQ, my wife and I were walking in a parking lot, and she yelled at me not to walk behind a car that looked like it was about to back up out of a space. I calmly told her that it was our car and I had just unlocked the doors!
Yeah, It's kind of rare not to see the reverse lights come on. But I've fell into that situation once or twice, but with other people's cars.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Phantm006 you're right! Replicated the behaviour last night. Kind of neat.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Glad I could help....

·
Registered
136 Posts
I may be wrong but I believe mine only lites the Back up lights (on un-lock) if it's dark out. Tied in to auto-lites system?

MM

·
Registered
749 Posts
Yeah, That's an option also. Depends on if you have the lights set to come on when it's dark. If not then only the reverse lights come on. I waiting for it to get cold enough to see if the auto-heated seats thing really works. Here's hoping...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Phantm006 - I can confirm that the auto-heated seats option does work. Located up north, I have auto-started my nox a couple of times and when in, the driver seat was warm and comfy!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
martdesr said:
Phantm006 - I can confirm that the auto-heated seats option does work. Located up north, I have auto-started my nox a couple of times and when in, the driver seat was warm and comfy!
Indeed!

Also, "real world" measurements with a thermometer on the seats in this thread:

http://www.terrainforum.net/index.php?topic=158.0

·
Registered
749 Posts
martdesr said:
Hey Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm in GA so the real "cold" doesn't start for us until January. But I'm sure it's nothing compared to what you have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts