GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new Terrain, yay, and the wife is trying to put in the baby seat. My question is is there someway to remove the rear seat headrests? I don't want to have to anchor the seat over the headrest and potentially ruin it.

Thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
I haven't figured out a way.
My kids are both in booster seats(using the standard seat belt) but my nephew is still in a full car seat (latch anchored, 5 point harness).
I have to pick him up every week or two to go between my sister and her ex and I feed the rear buckle under the head rest, it's thight but it will go and after the third or forth time I actually started to get pretty quick at it even though it is a PITA. I wish i could figure out how to raise the headrest to give myself more room to pass the strap through but I can't see anyway to do it. Other vehicles have had a little button, sometimes even so small that I've needed a center punch to push it bit I just can't find anything on the Terrain.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. We came to the conclusion that they don't come off. Bummer!

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is really a dumb design by GM; My wife (TerrainGirl) and I both just had our first child (7 months ago) one of the reasons for getting the Terrain was we were moving up from a Pontiac Vibe and with the child seat and all the other additional items that go along with us when we travel the Terrain was a perfect choice.

However after having installed the little guy's new child seat in the Terrain I to also found the frustration of accessing under the head rest. I did what the previous poster mentioned and just put the hook in my hand and forced my hand under the headrest as to not damage the leather. But honestly, WTF is the sense of having a headrest in the back if you can't adjust the **** thing!

I am going to keep "playing" with it, as I refuse to believe that GM was this near sighted! If I discover anything I will be sure to let everyone know.

Cheers

TG's Hubby!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
We've always put the baby's seat or booster in the middle position.
Harder to get baby in-out, but easier in-out for the others.
Will have a look-see when I get home, never tried the outer positions where a headrest would get in the way.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Section 2-2 of the owners manual under "Seats and Restraints" states they are NOT adjustable. Agree dumb design. Another simple thing missing is the turn signal in outside mirrors. This is usually what GM does, include lots of toys but they missed these simple ones IMHO.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
beautifulbc said:
Section 2-2 of the owners manual under "Seats and Restraints" states they are NOT adjustable. Agree dumb design. Another simple thing missing is the turn signal in outside mirrors. This is usually what GM does, include lots of toys but they missed these simple ones IMHO.
Thanks beautifulbc.
Couple more things GM should consider for future options.

·
Registered
10,104 Posts
How about LED Taillights, GM? This is a 2010 Vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts