GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that one of the rear reflectors on my Nox (which sit low in the rear bumper fascia) is cracked. There is no other surrounding damage, just the cracked reflector. Does anyone know if replacing it is an easy DIY job?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nuclear:

I mistakenly slowly backed into something and cracked my right rear reflector tonight. I already went to the GM parts website and located the part.

Google "GM OEM parts" and you will get the GM parts website. Then select 2010 Chevy Equinox (2011 is not up yet, and the 2011 equinox is the same), then select "rear bumper" and "rear reflectors" is under there. They cost $25.00 (part costs a dollar to make-no surprise). It also has a parts/assembly diagram.

Looks like from the drawing the reflector has tabs that hold it in place, and it pops in from the outside. I am planning on replacing mine on my own. To avoid damaging the bumper (paint), I may crack the reflector in two to get it out, then pop the new one in. I do think you can pry it out no problem.

Have you replaced yours yet? Let me know if you learned anything.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, Stewie.

I haven't done anything yet, but I'll check out the various parts websites. Since I'm due for an oil change soon, I may show it to the dealer and see if they will replace it under warranty (worth a try).

Will let you know.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nuclear,
How did replacing the rear reflector work out for you?
I just damaged the left rear reflector, and have a replacement on order.
Were you able to replace your damaged reflector yourself?
I reached behind the bumper where the reflector should be and found that a steel beam covers the back side of the reflector.
Haven't received the replacement yet so I don't know if it can even be replaced from outside of the bumper or if the bumper has to be removed.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
So I have not done the this replacement , but I usually just look at ebay to see existing items off of the car so you can kinda get a feel how they install.
From some bumpers I found looks like they might snap into the holes, maybe have tabs that hold em in place, when u get the replacement part you will be able to see more.
Here a pic

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. Not at all what I had imagined a reflector to look like.
It'll be 3 to 7 days for the replacement to arrive.
If it looks like it could snap in from the outside, the first step would be removing the broken one without damaging the surrounding paint on the bumper.
Taking the old one out in pieces is an option, since it appears to be impossible to release any tabs from the back of the reflector.
I'll get back here to report on what has to be done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts