GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,396 Posts
cold canuck said:
Does anyone know if the rear seat headrests can be removed. They both get in the way of the carseats.
Yes, not easy, but possible. Try doing a search.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would be happy to look into this for you as well the VIN for your vehicle. Please feel free to contact me via private message as well. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
10,396 Posts
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
I would be happy to look into this for you as well the VIN for your vehicle. Please feel free to contact me via private message as well. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
Tricia- I am sure that the party line will be that it is unsafe to remove the rear headrests, otherwise GM would not have made it so difficult to do. IMHO

·
Registered
52 Posts
RIT333 said:
Tricia- I am sure that the party line will be that it is unsafe to remove the rear headrests, otherwise GM would not have made it so difficult to do. IMHO
Removing the headrests was required in order to get our car seat to fit against the back properly. So there is a legit reason to do it.

I just used two small allen wrenches to push into the holes and pop them out. It would have been easier with a second person to pull up on the headrest. ;)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
mIX said:
Removing the headrests was required in order to get our car seat to fit against the back properly. So there is a legit reason to do it.

I just used two small allen wrenches to push into the holes and pop them out. It would have been easier with a second person to pull up on the headrest. ;)
I found that a second person is an absolute must to remove mine since the tiny holes in the mount attached to the seat back are almost recessed below the leather..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts