GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Either I'm not the brightest guy are something is going wrong. OI cannot seem to get the headphones to work. Should be as simple as pressing the power button but they cit in and out and all around just do not seem to work. Any advice before I go to the dealership for help?
a

·
Registered
635 Posts
Did you put in batteries? Are they in the right way? Is the power light on?

Do you have it on the correct source A or B. Have you turned up the volume on the headphones?

Are you sitting in the back? They wont work in the front seat.

Is the DVD playing? Is audio mute off?

Does sound come on in vehicle when you first insert DVD? ( Then mom and dad can switch to something they prefer once DVD's going.)

Do you have the remote handy to adjust settings etc when in back seat?

Dont make me send my 5 yr old over to set it up for you! ;D

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha! My 3 year old was trying to help me too :p

Batteries in and power light on. Correct source and volume up. Tired both sets while sitting in the back, DVD is playing and the sound comes though on the \vehicle speakers when the dvd is started.

I'll try playing with it again, but it just seems to not be working right, sound is coming though the headphones in small spurts and then they cut out.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Try new batteries. Maybe you where supplied with duds.

Go to dealer and try a set from another vehicle.

Try your headphones ion another vehicle.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Did you find the headset holder in the door panel?

You have to turn the ear flaps flat to fit into headset holder compartment.

One on each side of vehicle.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Make sure you have the channel selector switch to position 1 on the headphones for DVD, 2 for Aux, or something like that.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I may have figured it out.. but have to wait for the kids to get nto bed tonight first so I can play. I was looking at the manual and the transmitted for the headphones is only in the left screen... the issue I have is that I have a rear facing car seat there that would be blocking it.. Ill haver to switch the kids sides I think.. I'll report back. :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup, that was was the problem. ;D

So I guess a heads up to those with car seats, make sure if you have a younger one that is still rear facing, to install that seat on the passenger side. :D

Thanks to all for the advice.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Digital-Audiophile said:
Yup, that was was the problem. ;D

So I guess a heads up to those with car seats, make sure if you have a younger one that is still rear facing, to install that seat on the passenger side. :D

Thanks to all for the advice.
Good troubleshooting!
Indeed, there are infrared LED's underneath the driver side screen.

If you look at picture # DSC2773 here --> http://www.terrainforum.net/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=12

You'll see the row of LED's.
We keep the baby's seat in the middle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts