GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife came home tonight and said she couldn't lock the drivers side rear door. I went out and used the remote to unlock and then lock all doors, they all locked except the drivers side rear door. Played around some more locking and unlocking with the same results. Then I opened the door and jiggled the inside door handle a couple times.........door now locks. Wierd anomaly or has anyone else had this happen to them?

Maybe a sticking handle/lock mechanism?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I will keep a eye on my Terrain but as far as I know it's always locked.
Might have been just a one time thing.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I'm thinking.

·
Registered
441 Posts
cold weather maybe? (dunno where you live though).....maybe spray the lock with some lube

G

·
This has happened to me before a couple times over the years, not with my Nox but in my wifes Honda Pilot. It's just the cold weather...maybe some moisture from the snow or a recent car wash got in or on the solenoid locking mechanism.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Go to the dealer and have them check it out. Some perple had problems like this and they replaced a part to fix it

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would also recommend taking the vehicle into your local dealership to be diagnosed. They should be able to assist you further and have a plan for addressing the issue. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts