GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed yesterday that the inserts in the rear armrests have open slits in them so when something spills not only do the inserts get dirty but the viynal underneath. No need for the open slits :(

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
RNOX said:
I just noticed yesterday that the inserts in the rear armrests have open slits in them so when something spills not only do the inserts get dirty but the viynal underneath. No need for the open slits :(
Could those slits be in there so you can remove the inserts? without slits it would form a vacum and you may not be able to remove them

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fourmoremarine said:
Could those slits be in there so you can remove the inserts? without slits it would form a vacum and you may not be able to remove them
I had a similar set up on the frount cup holders on my VUE. No slits and they were easy to remove. Could be the reason like you mentioned as they are in the arm rest. Now I know at least but rotten milk can get pretty messy :(

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Stuff a paper towel in there. Itll soak up the seat from the cold drinks and keep most of the spill from going in there.

I guess the good thing is that you can take out the cup holders and clean under them as well.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I believe that if you look closely you'll find those "slits" are actually not slits as they are not cut through the material. They are molded into the dimples and do not open to the area below.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
RSchleder said:
I believe that if you look closely you'll find those "slits" are actually not slits as they are not cut through the material. They are molded into the dimples and do not open to the area below.
Ours are slits. You take out the rubber part and you can see through the slits.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
bballr4567 said:
Ours are slits. You take out the rubber part and you can see through the slits.
****, you made me go look... Mine go all the way thru... Could this have anything to do with the ambeiant lighting?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RSchleder said:
Are you looking at the rear cupholers in the armrest in the middle of the seats that you pull down? The fronts are OK and not removeable

1 - 8 of 8 Posts