GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2010 Terrain SLE2, I seem to have a door alignment issue on the passenger side...

When opening the rear door, it rubs against the front door, causing a creaking sound and the other day it even dented the door and chipped the paint away on the edge. It was happening very infrequently before however now seems to only be getting worse. Can't seem to open the rear door unless the front one is opened first, to prevent that friction from further damaging the door.

Has anyone else had this issue? I am curious to know how big of a deal it will be as far as time required to fix, when I bring it to the dealer. Also will the dealer be responsible for fixing the dent and repairing the paint chipped area, as part of the warranty?

Thanks,

·
Registered
978 Posts
JTrollerb said:
I am curious to know how big of a deal it will be as far as time required to fix, when I bring it to the dealer. Also will the dealer be responsible for fixing the dent and repairing the paint chipped area, as part of the warranty?

Thanks,
Without pictures to see the "damage" it is practically impossible to speculate the time frame...but if painting is involved after adjustments are made...I'm thinking 3 to 5 days sounds typical

The correct question is "will GMC be repsonsible...". And none of us can absolutely state the outcome of that without knowing ALL the facts.
However, if one assumes (dangerous) that 100% of the issue is the direct result of a Manufacturer "defect"...the repair would be covered.
IMHO...you should do everything under your direct control to mitigate any further damage or denting because you don't want to be put in a defensive position of "making matters worse" by waiting too long...and/or "contributing to the damage by creating more repairs than would have been needed if..."

My 0.02

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
MOCHANOX makes a good point.

I had a similar issue with my previous White 2010 Terrain, it was the rear door passenger side but not between the two doors but at the back of the rear door. One could see it was out of alignment with the body of the truck. Not just a little bit either, but enough too rub the paint where the rear of the door meets the top of the C pillar. It was brutal.
Gm Techs didn't want to touch it at my dealer - said it was a Body Shop item so they sent me to their own Body Shop - they tried to adjust it but had no luck, since I traded up I just left it at that.[/color]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts