GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Real world MPG after 3000 miles city driving

10K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Fwapsk 
#1 ·
After 4800 kilometres (about 3000 miles), we're averaging

17.6 MPG

with over 90% city driving, according to the onboard computer.

This is with the 3.0L V6 Engine.

Cruising on the freeway yeilded higher results, of course, but who has the time to calculate these things anyway?
LOL!!!

Maybe next long trip we'll do a Highway MPG "Real world test".

;)

#3 ·
Very nice, and well withing rated levels. If I were not such a lead foot I'd probably get similar :p

My wife drives the 'Nox and she gets about the same. I drive a Traverse which is supposed to get 17 in city, but I usually get only around 15. I just love the torque too much...

#4 ·
Narg said:
Very nice, and well withing rated levels. If I were not such a lead foot I'd probably get similar [/color]:p

My wife drives the 'Nox and she gets about the same. I drive a Traverse which is supposed to get 17 in city, but I usually get only around 15. I just love the torque too much...
LOL!
I hear that, the wife and I both have 2 speeds, fast or stopped.
I guess it's from years of big V8's and V6's.
Brake manufacturers love us!

#5 ·
I have the 4cyl SLT-2 FWD Terrain. I drive mostly highway and I was getting 23 or 24 going 75mph with regular gas. Tried using super (93 octane) and saw at least a 3 mpg increase (about 13 percent better). Since super is not 13% more expensive, its worth putting super in it. Speed is huge difference too - 65mph is much more economical. But I have a lead foot too. So with super I get about 475 miles per tank, versus 400 miles with regular.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.