GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am experiencing an annoying and oftentimes LOUD rattling/clicking sound from the dash of my 2020 Terrain. I originally thought it was coming from the defrost vent in the dash, but now it sounds like it's coming from closer to the passenger side door. It keeps getting louder and louder. My OCD cannot handle it anymore, and the dealership has been no help! I have linked a video of a few clips I took while driving. The sound quality is not the best, but I believe you can hear the rattle over the road noise.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I came to this forum for the exact same reason. I have a 2021 terrain slt and have a similar rattle, but only happens at 68mph or over. Stops completely at 65 or under
I would check the cover under wipers for looseness since your issue is at a higher speed. Wind buffeting the wiper arm cover panel is possibility.

·
Registered
609 Posts
If you
I am experiencing an annoying and oftentimes LOUD rattling/clicking sound from the dash of my 2020 Terrain. I originally thought it was coming from the defrost vent in the dash, but now it sounds like it's coming from closer to the passenger side door. It keeps getting louder and louder. My OCD cannot handle it anymore, and the dealership has been no help! I have linked a video of a few clips I took while driving. The sound quality is not the best, but I believe you can hear the rattle over the road noise.

If you press on any of the trim surrounding the vents or the info screen, does the vibration stop? If so, you may just need to wedge a small piece of felt in to the gaps around the piece. It can be a try and repeat kind of process, but rewarding once you isolate the noise and stop it with a simple piece of felt.

Dealers absolutely hate dealing with these types of noises. I had a dealer once tell me they wouldn't work on my new car with a dash rattle for fear they would cause more noises trying to fix the one I had. I always try to deal with these noises myself with felt, or foam, or other soft materials that are barely noticeable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After I bought my new 2010 Terrain, I kept hearing a rattle that sounded like it was coming from the dash. I took it to the dealer and we went on a test drive and sure enough, the service manager also heard it. They kept it for a day and and the mechanic couldn't duplicate the problem. Long story short, it was my garage door opener clipped onto the visor. I took it with me when I dropped the car off, and in doing so, I took the rattle. The service manager was convinced it was coming from the dash, and so was I. We were both wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts