GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
New to the forum here...2 week old 'Nox. I love it so far! My only issue is a minor rattle at highway speed. The best way to describe it would be like if you had something tied to the roof rack (I only have the side rails, fyi), and the rope you used to tie had a loose end that occasionally rapped against the roof of the car. Since the Nox is so quiet, it's really quite annoying, actually.

Anyone else have something like this?

RockfordNox

·
Registered
978 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MOCHANOX said:
See if this helps any...

>>>CLICK ME<<<
Thanks! I'll bring this to the dealer's attention.

This may be a silly question, but is the 'Nox supposed to come with the crossbars for the overhead rack, or are they an aftermarket thing? Mine doesn't have any.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've noticed it too! Go by the Onstar antenna and tap the roof and you will see a lot of flexing

·
Registered
978 Posts
Rockfordnox said:
is the 'Nox supposed to come with the crossbars for the overhead rack, or are they an aftermarket thing? Mine doesn't have any.
Depending on trim level (LS / 1LT / 2LT / LTZ) the Rack and / or Cross Bars are optional

If I recall...on the 2011...

LS = no Rack or Crossbars at all Standard
1LT = Rack Standard / Cross Bars Optional

I don't remember the 2LT or LTZ

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Rockfordnox said:
Hi folks,
New to the forum here...2 week old 'Nox. I love it so far! My only issue is a minor rattle at highway speed. The best way to describe it would be like if you had something tied to the roof rack (I only have the side rails, fyi), and the rope you used to tie had a loose end that occasionally rapped against the roof of the car. Since the Nox is so quiet, it's really quite annoying, actually.

Anyone else have something like this?

RockfordNox
I am glad to see that you are planning to contact your local dealer regarding your concern. Please feel free to keep me posted either on the thread or via private message. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I've got a little egg on my face. I could have SWORN the rattle sound was coming from the roof. I kept checking the rails and the onstar antenna...took it to the dealer and got a call a few hours later...loose license plate mounting bracket.

Well, at least it was an easy fix. Now my 'nox is dead silent on the road (and averaging about 27 mpg in mixed driving with only 1500 miles on it, not bad).

R'nox

1 - 8 of 8 Posts