GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed my oil the other day and noticed this piece of metal just freely hanging out right in front of the cat. Assuming it HAS to be from either the flex pipe (nothing seemed damaged) or from the header connection. I broke my hand so couldn't get under to get a better view at the header. The 'ring' was a solid piece all around (no slit) , it easily cut with tin snips. Haven't noticed any exhaust leak (smell or sound) or pending codes.

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 JEEP JK
2 Posts
Changed my oil the other day and noticed this piece of metal just freely hanging out right in front of the cat. Assuming it HAS to be from either the flex pipe (nothing seemed damaged) or from the header connection. I broke my hand so couldn't get under to get a better view at the header. The 'ring' was a solid piece all around (no slit) , it easily cut with tin snips. Haven't noticed any exhaust leak (smell or sound) or pending codes.

For more information on s headers please visit the website www.jeepzine.com/best-headers-for-5-7-hemi-ram/
What does it mean when black stuff comes out of your exhaust?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Condensation water coming out stained by carbon. Normal. You will see it on the drain holes in the muffler also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts