GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2012 Terrain and can't figure the radio and XM source changes. Favorites have been set up for both FM and XM sources but when you change the source, the favorites do not change along with it. Any help.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
the favorites..can have a mix of FM,AM,XM...in each row of 1-6 ...you can have up to 6 favorite pages..(programmed under config/radio settings/ number of favorite pages..).

no matter what source i pick, the favorites will be the same, regardless what source im on..

If i pick FM as source, the favorites wont change to FM only channels...same if I picked XM..

whatever I put into each channel selection of each favorites page...stays the same..

not sure if this is your issue, or if i answered it..

·
Registered
99 Posts
well i can't speak for a Terrain per say, but in my 2012 equinox, there are multiple fav pages, and you have to set 1-6 on each page. or you can go into the config menu and change the number of fav pages to 1 for each source that might help you too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I have fovorites for FM and XM. If I am on FM anf change to XM, the FM favorites stay on FM until I change the favorite s on the screen to the XM favorites. Am I correct??

·
Registered
289 Posts
ron1019 said:
Thanks, I have fovorites for FM and XM. If I am on FM anf change to XM, the FM favorites stay on FM until I change the favorite s on the screen to the XM favorites. Am I correct??
I think you are missing the point a little. There is no such thing as XM or FM Favorites. They are solely favorites. You can have up to 6 pages of favorites and you can change the maximum number in the Config settings. Let's say you use two pages so 12 favorites total.

You can have on page one, 104.3 (FM), 107.1 (FM), 89.5 (FM), 700 (AM), 20on20 (XM), and Talk Radio (XM) all on the first set of Favorites. Pressing one will change the radio to that favorite. If you are listening to 104.3 and want to change to Talk Radio you don't have to first press source and then press the 20on20 favorite. You simply press 20on20 and it does the rest.

If you want to set up page one of the favorites to all FM and then page two to all XM you can do that as well.

·
Registered
241 Posts
In other words, your "favorite" button will choose the source associated with that favorite button. If your favorite happens to be an XM station, when you press the favorite button, the radio will switch to the XM source and change to that station.

·
Registered
99 Posts
JediSkipdogg said:
I think you are missing the point a little. There is no such thing as XM or FM Favorites. They are solely favorites. You can have up to 6 pages of favorites and you can change the maximum number in the Config settings. Let's say you use two pages so 12 favorites total.

You can have on page one, 104.3 (FM), 107.1 (FM), 89.5 (FM), 700 (AM), 20on20 (XM), and Talk Radio (XM) all on the first set of Favorites. Pressing one will change the radio to that favorite. If you are listening to 104.3 and want to change to Talk Radio you don't have to first press source and then press the 20on20 favorite. You simply press 20on20 and it does the rest.

If you want to set up page one of the favorites to all FM and then page two to all XM you can do that as well.
exactly, that pretty much sums it up. and alot better then i did, but thats what i was trying to say. good stuff Jedi!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just need some help- can I set up as many as 6 favorite pages on each number 1-6
just bought new equinox with xm and I dont understand the favorites pages-not stupid just do not understand manual

·
Registered
515 Posts
You have six sets of pre-sets with six "buttons" on each one. Just press the FAV button to
cycle through the sets. On each set you can intermix the types; AM, FM, and XM.

When you find a station you want to store, pick a set and the hold down a " button" for that
set to do the store.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
dlangleyc, please send us a private message anytime if you still have questions! We're always happy to investigate further for you.

Best,

Katie, GM Customer Service
(Assisting Tricia)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts