GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today the radio volume control on my 11 Terrain has quit working. I now can only control the volume using the control on the steering wheel. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if so does the whole radio have to be replaced or just the volume control. I am not too concerned about this as the vehicle is under warranty and the dealer will look after it. This happened on my last day of my xm trial period and I was going to sign up. It will cost me the same if I would of signed up now or wait till the radio is replaced. XM would charge me $35 to either transfer to a new radio or to reconnect so I guess I will wait till it is fixed.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Don't pay the "reconnect" fee...

No one else is.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
The best resource for this information would be your dealer. They will be able to tell you what needs to be replaced. Please feel free to keep me posted either here on the thread or via private message. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
949 Posts
As far as XM goes, I bet you could probably negotiate to not pay the reconnect fee.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just an update.
When I wrote the original post xm was still on it's last day.
A couple of days later the xm was still working and the volume control was not.
While on a drive and xm was on it was finally disconnected all I decided to try the volume control and it is working.
This is quite the coincidence that the volume started to work as soon as xm disconnected.
I don't know if it is possible but can xm mess with the radio this would sure be quite the cash cow for xm if they can in reconnect fees. I will keep an eye on the radio and see if this reoccurs. Unit still has lots of warranty.

·
Registered
341 Posts
darkside said:
Just an update.
When I wrote the original post xm was still on it's last day.
A couple of days later the xm was still working and the volume control was not.
While on a drive and xm was on it was finally disconnected all I decided to try the volume control and it is working.
This is quite the coincidence that the volume started to work as soon as xm disconnected.
I don't know if it is possible but can xm mess with the radio this would sure be quite the cash cow for xm if they can in reconnect fees. I will keep an eye on the radio and see if this reoccurs. Unit still has lots of warranty.
You may have entered.... the Twilight Zone...... *cue the music*

·
Registered
978 Posts
TerrainLem said:
MOCHA - do you know if folks are still able to snag that $77 deal from Sirrius XM?
We got another letter from them a week ago which "expired" 8/8/11

12 months for $77.00 and waive the $15.00 reconnect fee.

We won't...but I bet if we called them and mentioned the letter...the offer would still be "good"

·
Registered
341 Posts
MOCHANOX said:
We got another letter from them a week ago which "expired" 8/8/11

12 months for $77.00 and waive the $15.00 reconnect fee.

We won't...but I bet if we called them and mentioned the letter...the offer would still be "good"
Thanks MOCHA!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts