GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Radio Timeout

13K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  stratoform 
#1 ·
We frequent the drive-in alot, and were really excited to take the new Terrain. But......we wish we hadn't

The radio times out, and shuts off like every 15 or so minutes, does anyone know how to turn it off? I think its a useful feature, but, its extremely annoying to turn the radio back on every 15 minutes at the drive in.

#3 ·
Thanks, will give it a try. It was actually my wife taking to the drive in last night with our younger cousin, so Im guessing she only turned the key to the first position....Thanks again

#4 ·
The first position is the ACC position. It should stay on there. The radio does stay on until driver door open when turned to the off position, and/or it times out after a few minutes. Sounds more like she turned it to the off position. All GM cars/trucks do this.

#5 ·
The feature is called "retained accessory power(RAP)." Key can be removed and accessories can be used for 10 min or until you open drivers door.

All accessories will work when the key is in ON/RUN or ACC/ACCESSORY.

Manual excerpt:

Attachments

#7 ·
ccharlie said:
Never really listened to the radio at a drive in. Always watched the movie. Been doing that since ....... Of course you might mean the local Sonic or Carl's Jr. Still the same. Drive in , eat and go. ;D
Many drive-ins broadcast on low power to an unused FM channel the movie sound tracks. Cheaper than the old speaker on a line thing. Plus you get really great sound if you have a good stereo.

#10 ·
rhp195 said:
My SLE-1 radio sometimes stays on even though I've stopped the engine, removed the key and exited the car. I have to re-enter the car and manually turn off the radio. Is this expected behavior?
Your radio should turn off when you exit through your driver-side door. The passenger door can be opened and the radio will stay on, but if you turn off your ignition, remove key and open your drivers side door, the radio should go off.

#11 ·
rhp195 said:
My SLE-1 radio sometimes stays on even though I've stopped the engine, removed the key and exited the car. I have to re-enter the car and manually turn off the radio. Is this expected behavior?
Probably something wrong... Its supposed to turn off when the drivers door is opened. Atleast thats how it works by me.

#12 ·
Nukedog said:
Man that is old school. Haven't seen a drive in that was open in nearly 5 years now...
theres less then 100 in the whole nation...probably closer to 50 now days.....

i know of two...one in northeast PA just 20 miles from my mothers house.....and the other is 15 miles down the highway from me here in lower DE.....

#13 ·
Nukedog said:
Man that is old school. Haven't seen a drive in that was open in nearly 5 years now...
About 2 or 3 years ago I went to one near Miami

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.