GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Trying to help my son with his radio; after getting a jump start the radio doesn't work and says "pair Co Can".

I not sure if this is locked because everything I read says it would say "Lock" on it but that is not what the display says.

I included a pic of the screen

Thanks in advance for any advice on how to resolve.

Attachments

·
Registered
781 Posts
I agree that it appears as though the screen is half burned out or something. It should say

Pairing
Code: ####
Cancel

The fourb digit number would be the actual number to enter on the phone to accept the pair. Not sure how you would be able to pair without being able to see the code.

·
Registered
2018 Terrain Denali 2.0T FWD
231 Posts
Maybe try disconnecting the battery for 10-15 minutes. That sometimes will chase away the gremlins. Not guaranteed to do so, but simple to try.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree that it appears as though the screen is half burned out or something. It should say

Pairing
Code: ####
Cancel

The fourb digit number would be the actual number to enter on the phone to accept the pair. Not sure how you would be able to pair without being able to see the code.
Thank you! just bought a used replacement screen yesterday...i appreciate your time!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Do a search for HMI module. One of those connectors could be loose or at least one of the pins. I also found the following in another post. Check the connectors.
"There are two blue plugs behind bezel ... one goes to cd player and one goes to the display screen ... they are both the same plug .. I had to switch them for the same reason .. 2014 equinox blend door replacement and had same issue no display ... switched the plugs and presto works great"
Also shake the wires and connectors to see if the problem goes away.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Rusty...Lol...yes, i noticed the blue color after i hooked it up. Thanks for the feedback...just thinking that this happened right after giving the car a jump start so not sure the loose connector is the issue but will check the radio connection plugs tomorrow. Thank you!

·
Registered
56 Posts
So pull the battery cables and leave them disconnected for a while. That could be just a few seconds to some minutes. Hook those up again and see what happens.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the tip...already did that and left disconected for about an hour...found a used radio on ebay for $50...think about buying to swap out to see if that will do it...will keep u posted..thank you!

·
Registered
56 Posts
The radio will not do you much good as they are locked to a Vin. When you install the new one you will not get much of anything out of it if anything at all. Maybe enough to check the video problem but not as a full replacement.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts