GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2012 Terrain. Yesterday my car was off and I opened the door to get something out when I noticed the radio turned on and come up to the GMC logo then turned off. I started testing to see if that is normal and every 3-4 times I opened the door it seemed to power cycle to the GMC logo. At one point it went to the XM screen and started playing music. Has anyone seen this?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Not in mine and it is not supposed to do it. If you can get it to repeat take it to the dealer and show them. Something is not right.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'll check more on mine when I get home. I leave my iPod plugged in at all times via the USB port in the glovebox and I know every time I open the driver's door it makes a beep as if it was just connected. Not sure if it's just the USB port turning on power or the radio requesting info from it.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
yeah, mine has the GMC logo come up....then its off..

·
Registered
472 Posts
wrusprod said:
yeah, mine has the GMC logo come up....then its off..
It should not start playing music though......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I did a little more testing and it seems that having my ipod plugged in does has something to do with it. The ipod beeps like it is getting power then the screen turns on and then powers off. Glad to know mine is not the only one. I haven't been able to reproduce it playing music yet. Hopefully that was just a glitch.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
nope, doesnt play...just the GMC banner...then its blank again..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts