GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Wife has had her 10' Terrain since new and haven't had any problems with it until a few weeks ago.

She was on a trip from Indy to L-Ville and called OnStar to get directions. The lady said she would send the directions to her vehicle. The radio beeped like it was waiting for download.

Well.. The directions never came. It just kept beeping... She coudln't get the radio to do anything. Couldn't hang up with OnStar or play radio or anything. She eventually called OnStar with her phone and they told her to pull over and shut off vehicle and open door to kill radio. She did, but when she opened the door it didn't do anything. It just kept beeping and the radio was still on. Even though no key and door open.

She called back and they said to let it sit for 5min... She did, but it just kept beeping. They couldn't figure out how to fix it so they told her to bring it in to a shop but she was on the side of interstate so she ended up driving the rest of the way to her first stop to drop off the passengers, but when she got to the stop the car ended up shutting off the radio. (Mind you beeping has gone on for hour or more).

After she restarted car she had no problems (as long as she didn't call OnStar). She made an Appt with local Dealer to get it serviced. They couldn't replicate the problem. Ran diagnostic and said it was okay. So after them having it for 3 days (fixing sunroof as well) she got it back.. Used OnStar to call directions home just to make sure it worked and it took her home no problem.

3 days later we were leaving for a Vacation (1800mi round trip) and we pulled up to gas up. Then called OnStar and they said okay directions will be downloaded. Then it beeped for a 5min, and we thought oh ****. But it allowed us to hang up, but then the radio didn't work. NOTHING radio/ipod/nav would do anything. It was froze on again. Ended up driving to nearest open dealer and they disconnected battery to shut off system since it wouldn't shut off with key out and door opened.

Has anyone else experienced this? They say there are no recalls for this problem. It is currently at the dealership getting worked on again. This is day 2 and they haven't had an update to us yet.

The Wife isn't to happy. :mad:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Saw a Camaro do this, which has a similar system. I got it to quit by pushing the OnStar call button on the mirror. When I pushed the button the voice said "OnStar call completed" and the radio came back. But it had a code stored for the CIM (OnStar module). We ordered one, replaced it and the customer hasn't had the problem since.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We tried to push every button on the mirror plus everything on the radio.. Nothing would work. Even tried the + sign for fire/rescue but that didn't call. None of the steering wheel controls would work either.

We had 2 service shops check the system for codes when we had it there and they didn't find anything.

I guess they told my wife to keep her loaner until they get it fixed. They had to order a part, but not sure if it was for the Radio/Nav or the sunroof that had a piece break off.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I can also look into this further for you. In order to do so, I will need some more specific information from you. If you could please send me your full name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, current mileage, and dealer name via private message, I will be able to take further steps. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts