GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. so what is the temp at which the fan turns on? Does it go by coolant temp? is it 215F? On idle my I was at 206F after driving but oil at 192F and ATF at 176F. Im using an OBD reader.

i know when the AC turns on so does the fan. Does someone have the protocol to check it? No OBD codes were made. Its has 120K so if I could change a sensor to help that would be great but I'm not sure which one.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Many obdii code readers allow you to see various temperatures at sensors. My ELM327 does. They only cost about $10, and software for phone app is free.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
hi. so what is the temp at which the fan turns on? Does it go by coolant temp? is it 215F? On idle my I was at 206F after driving but oil at 192F and ATF at 176F. Im using an OBD reader.

i know when the AC turns on so does the fan. Does someone have the protocol to check it? No OBD codes were made. Its has 120K so if I could change a sensor to help that would be great but I'm not sure which one.
The BCM turns the fans on and off with imput from various sensors.
Coolant temp, ambient air, A/C compressor, vehicle speed, engine RPM, humidity, etc etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts