GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used R-2000 paint protectant? This contains Zonyl by Dupont and there is a product called Gliptone paint sealant with Zonyl. Is anybody familiar with R-2000 or Gliptone? (Dupont Zonyl formerly known as teflon)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anybody have any experience with a product called Zymol Carbon Wax? Is anybody using Zaino?

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
I think a great place to research wax or sealants is the Corvette forum where many are quite anal about what they put on their paint and clearcoat for shine..and protection. Most car enthusiast do not use the paint protectants that Dealerships hype as 'lifetime' guarantees with teflon..etc..etc. Many swear by Zaino...which has it's own type of shine...but lasts. Others Meguiars NXT 2.0. Then there are several more exotic brands. It seems that many of the 'detailing' sites use or recommend various sealants...but seem to enjoy a more involved regiment of getting to a certain point...rather than a simplified method.
It seems that you are not so concerned with a highly reflective shine such as Zaino..Meguiars 2.0...PoorBoys..and others. However prepping the surface is still important before final wax...even if only one initial time. Then waxing becomes the easy part..and some sealants are easier than others without many drawbacks. Some powder too much...some can be quite oily..others can seem complicated.
I've found the sealant,in the last few years,that satisfies me. Leaves a deep rich shine...goes on/off easy and lasts for an Indiana winter as well as any(some of my cars sit outside).
It really comes down to what you prefer. Trail and error. Most sealants are very good...and have come a long way over the years.
Good luck!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IceMan said:
I think a great place to research wax or sealants is the Corvette forum where many are quite anal about what they put on their paint and clearcoat for shine..and protection. Most car enthusiast do not use the paint protectants that Dealerships hype as 'lifetime' guarantees with teflon..etc..etc. Many swear by Zaino...which has it's own type of shine...but lasts. Others Meguiars NXT 2.0. Then there are several more exotic brands. It seems that many of the 'detailing' sites use or recommend various sealants...but seem to enjoy a more involved regiment of getting to a certain point...rather than a simplified method.
It seems that you are not so concerned with a highly reflective shine such as Zaino..Meguiars 2.0...PoorBoys..and others. However prepping the surface is still important before final wax...even if only one initial time. Then waxing becomes the easy part..and some sealants are easier than others without many drawbacks. Some powder too much...some can be quite oily..others can seem complicated.
I've found the sealant,in the last few years,that satisfies me. Leaves a deep rich shine...goes on/off easy and lasts for an Indiana winter as well as any(some of my cars sit outside).
It really comes down to what you prefer. Trail and error. Most sealants are very good...and have come a long way over the years.
Good luck!
Thanks Ice! I perused the Vet forum. Some owners are using Rejex. I think I'm going to try polymer sealants or nanotechnology and crosslinking some molecules. LOL

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
wbassnp007 said:
Thanks Ice! I perused the Vet forum. Some owners are using Rejex. I think I'm going to try polymer sealants or nanotechnology and crosslinking some molecules. LOL
I rejected Rejex for mainly personal reasons. My belief is that Crosslinking is fine only if using adult molecules. Honestly..polymer is the only way to go and hydrophobic is good phobia!
Nano Nano

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IceMan said:
I rejected Rejex for mainly personal reasons. My belief is that Crosslinking is fine only if using adult molecules. Honestly..polymer is the only way to go and hydrophobic is good phobia!
Nano Nano
This makes perfect sense!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've been using REJEX for several years on my C5 Vette. I'll continue to use it as it gives the best shine for the car and really protects my CCW 505a wheels which are not clear coated. Prior to using the REJEX on the wheels, any water that dried on them left a water spot that had to be buffed out. Now, with the REJEX coating, no more water spots after washing or driving in the rain, just wash them and they look great!

·
Registered
163 Posts
wbassnp007 said:
Does anybody have any experience with a product called Zymol Carbon Wax? Is anybody using Zaino?
We have been using Zaino for several years and I see nothing on the horizon to make me want to change.

·
Registered
978 Posts
1. Clay
2. Zaino
3. enjoy

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MOCHANOX said:
1. Clay
2. Zaino
3. enjoy
Clay, polish, glaze, wax, seal, show shine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts