GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has been lots of discussion about Husky versus WeatherTech on here but I have some specific questions for people who have these liners and mats. First, does your driver's side floor mat extend high enough up the firewall that all of your left foot is on the mat? From pictures it looks like the Husky liner would go that high but the WeatherTech would not. Also, I understand that both liners have the spots for the positioning tabs and that the Hucky may seals over the top of this opening where the WeatherTech does not. My question is, if I am not worries about large amounts of water sloshing around on the mat but just muddy feet, are the positioning tabs far enough back that it won't matter? I don't have my Equinox yet or I would just look at the position. My thinking is if the tabs are close enough to the seat (or almost under it) then your feet would never be on that spot. As for the cargo liner, how do you like the way yours deals with the sliding rear seats? If I understand correctly the Husky is just made to fit with the seat in the full back position while the WeatherTech has a fold and can fit either way, but how well do these two solutions work for you? I realize there is probably nobody out there with experience with both brands but please give me your thoughts on the brand you have. Also, please just give me your overall impression (likes or concerns) about what you have.

Thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
I've read some of the previous threads on these two brands of liners..but still have some of the same questions as well. Plus it seems that the WeatherTech side molding lip may stick up above the doorsill somewhat and could catch on the foot when getting in and out. Is the Husky mat the same way?
I'm planning on ordering the Huskys Monday for $129...the cheapest weatherTech seems to run $169 US.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Weather Tech has a hole in the floor, Husky does not.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GARYD said:
Weather Tech has a hole in the floor, Husky does not.
But is this hole a problem if you don't have half a gallon of water sitting in the mat? And if you have Husky mats could you tell me if they go up the firewall far enough for your entire left foot to be on the mat?

·
Registered
977 Posts
gsuter said:
But is this hole a problem if you don't have half a gallon of water sitting in the mat? And if you have Husky mats could you tell me if they go up the firewall far enough for your entire left foot to be on the mat?
When you put the anchor through the 2 anchor "holes" the rubber around the opening wraps around the anchors (I have the matts) and seals the openings. They fit perfect and no way they interfere getting in and out. It looks like the Huskys go further up near your left foot but I don't own them (Huskeys) so I can't speak from experience or their quaility. Also the openings are close to the seat. Most water will drain closer to the pedals anyways. So far I have had no dirt or water go through where the anchors go through the matts. I can tell you that the weathertech are quality mats. The cargo mat has a rubber hinge and will cover the cargo area if you have the seat all the way up or back.

Go to streetsideauto.com and they are $127 shipped. Look for a coupon code and you can get them cheaper. This is for the fronts. The rear ones are great when my 2 young ones make a mess. You just shake them out (As u would the fronts.

·
Registered
635 Posts
The huskyliners completely cover that place where you rest your foot on the left(drivers side). I had a problem with the floor mat rising above the sill and the company redesigned the drivers side floor mat and sent me a free complete front set.
I recommend husky liners for two reasons:
No hole in mat...
More floor coverage...

I bought front and rear set directly from the company's website and paid $219 CND, tax and shipping included to my front door.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I second the Huskyliners. I had them in my previous GMC pickups, my Vibe and now in my Nox and current GMC Sierra. You cant beat the protection they provide. Michigan is BIG (or was) on salt during the winter and no more white carpet stains from it.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I can't comment on wheather crud will or willnot seep throught the hole in the Weathertech liners or not, but the same type hole in my Tiberon does let some creep through. There's NO chance with the Huskys.
My recommendation....buy whatever you can get the cheapest. They're both quality products.

·
Registered
977 Posts
RNOX said:
When you put the anchor through the 2 anchor "holes" the rubber around the opening wraps around the anchors (I have the matts) and seals the openings. They fit perfect and no way they interfere getting in and out. It looks like the Huskys go further up near your left foot but I don't own them (Huskeys) so I can't speak from experience or their quaility. Also the openings are close to the seat. Most water will drain closer to the pedals anyways. So far I have had no dirt or water go through where the anchors go through the matts. I can tell you that the weathertech are quality mats. The cargo mat has a rubber hinge and will cover the cargo area if you have the seat all the way up or back.

Go to streetsideauto.com and they are $127 shipped. Look for a coupon code and you can get them cheaper. This is for the fronts. The rear ones are great when my 2 young ones make a mess. You just shake them out (As u would the fronts.
The price is for the rear liner.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the Weathertech liners... The "hole" has a raised lip around it and seals fairly tight around the hook, I would not worry much about water, dirt, etc. getting down in there. Also, I've never caught my leg on the side of the mat when getting in/out, mine fit close to the side.

I'm sure both products are good and you'll find people feel strongly about 1 versus the other. We've had Weathertech's in 3 different vehicles now and I plan on buying them for any future vehicles. 100% happy with them!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the feedback. I have the Husky floor mats and WeatherTech cargo liner on order. That seems to be the popular combination. I was not so worried about the locator holes in the mats as I was how far they extend up the firewall. My thinking is that if the mat does not go high enough to cover all the way up the left foots resting position, any snow melting on your shoe can run down behind the mat.

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
gsuter said:
Thank you for the feedback. I have the Husky floor mats and WeatherTech cargo liner on order. That seems to be the popular combination. I was not so worried about the locator holes in the mats as I was how far they extend up the firewall. My thinking is that if the mat does not go high enough to cover all the way up the left foots resting position, any snow melting on your shoe can run down behind the mat.
Not only do our new Husky liners fit nicely up the firewall...but also under the front of seat slipping slightly under the seat rails to cover that part of the carpet as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts