GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in my new old Terrain I had installed a wood dash kit from CarID,I installed the full kit but it did not come with the steering wheel accents.I notice that the Equinox full kit does include the steering wheel kit.I called CarID and they said well you could order the accent pieces seperatly for the Equinox but she would not quarantee me that it would fit.Does anybody know for sure if the Terrain and Equinox steering wheels are identical?For that matter are the two vehicles identical as far as interior,the pictures I have been able to look at seen as though they are in which case I would order the Equinox kit in full?TIA

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
The Nox/Terrain interiors are very similar, but not identical in all areas. I would guess that most of the trim pieces would fit either/or...but not sure if the GMC wheel is identical except for the badging.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
After looking at some pics here...it appears the steering wheels are identical except for the bowtie/GMC on the center portion. Having said that, where would you put the woodgrain sticker..on the silver part around the stereo/cruise control buttons?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NoobNox said:
After looking at some pics here...it appears the steering wheels are identical except for the bowtie/GMC on the center portion. Having said that, where would you put the woodgrain sticker..on the silver part around the stereo/cruise control buttons?
I called CarId and they said well you can order just pieces individually but they of course would not be returnable as they are custum made per order.They would not really give me a straight up answer as to if they are both identical or not.Yea the pictures all around look alike and so do the drawings on CARID's site between the Nox and Terrain.I really like the wood dash kit but asked myself over and over ,wonder why they do not do the steering wheel and then I see they do on the Nox??????Oh well will research some more.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My sister in-law has a 2010 Terrain and I know the accents above and below the speedometer are different. Also I think the air vents are a little different. Later today I might go by their house and I'll look it over carefully to see if the wheel is the same and get post it.

·
Registered
977 Posts
There are different brands of kits. The B and I kits don't have the steering Wheel inserts (I have one on my nox). I looked at CARID and they have a kit call "REMIN" that has the steering wheel pieces (They also sell B and I and Sherwood) which is part of a 37 piece kit . I actually would like the steering wheel inserts. I like the B and I kits as they do not require promoter to be put on before the pieces.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rickbb63 said:
My sister in-law has a 2010 Terrain and I know the accents above and below the speedometer are different. Also I think the air vents are a little different. Later today I might go by their house and I'll look it over carefully to see if the wheel is the same and get post it.
Thanks rick,appreciate it.Even though I would have liked to done the area around the speedometer the wheel is what I want mostly.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RNOX said:
There are different brands of kits. The B and I kits don't have the steering Wheel inserts (I have one on my nox). I looked at CARID and they have a kit call "REMIN" that has the steering wheel pieces (They also sell B and I and Sherwood) which is part of a 37 piece kit . I actually would like the steering wheel inserts. I like the B and I kits as they do not require promoter to be put on before the pieces.
I had the REMIN kit which I installed on the Terrain,it was much easier(with a steady hand)than I thought it would be and with the 3M tape I did not have to use any cleaner allthough the Vehicle was only about 2 months old at the time and had no polishes on the dash.Very happy with it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It appears that the Equinox has silver on the steering wheel and the Terrain is all black. Thats why they don't offer anything for it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It looks to me that the Nox pieces would work. Can't hurt to try. If for any reason they don't fit just right, you can always sell them to someone on this site.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My understanding is that the Equinox and Terrain have identical interiors....the only differences being the GMC vs. Bowtie on the steering wheel and the DIC/Radio screen being blue (Equinox) or red (Terrain) monochrome (along with blue and red gauge/accent lighting, respectively).

·
Registered
10,396 Posts
raxelgun said:
It's amazing how similar the cars are inside. WOW I thought I was looking at my Nox
They are the same car - for the most part - except the outer panels, and options/standard features.

·
Registered
481 Posts
The Nox/Terrain interiors are virtually identical. Speedo and Tach fonts are different. Bits of chrome here and there. Red versus blue lighting. Biggest visual difference is in the way the 2 tone interior colors are done on the dash.

Steering wheels are the same.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts