GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, In my wife's 2011 Nox LTZ V6 AWD I get RF in the car speakers that comes and goes! I drop in my old IC-706 and a mag mount on top and have only tried 6m band 100w on SSB. I have moved antenna around and rig is ground with good ground I found under the driver seat. Maybe bad mic wire, It is OK back in my truck!So, anyone have this issue? I will only put the rig in for trips. Yes, my wife hates all the qrn! ;D 73s Richard K7TNT in DN74. :tunes:

·
Registered
441 Posts
uummmmmm wut?

ham radio i take it?

·
Registered
56 Posts
No problem with RFI to any systems. Using VHF/UHF 50 watt rig with antenna mounted on 'L" bracket mounted in the passenger side hood gap. Power connected direct to the battery.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks RVHAM. I'm also going battery for power! I love the wife's new ride. Most my /m work is in my old 2000 F-150 for HF/vhf. 73s Richard K7TNT

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OregonXD said:
How/Where are you getting through the firewall in the Equinox ? (I have a 2011 LT2)
Not at all. Open front door ether side and open the hood. There is a small space there where you can run your coax or an electrical cord for a cab heater for the winter if needed. So it will run by the door seal and into the cab! :thumb: Richard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts