GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't remember the first time, but the last two times I have pumped gas (also at the same station) it has overflowed after the first stop. I only put another 20-30 cents in after that. Should I stop topping it off or is it just an error I made???

·
Registered
482 Posts
In general its better not to top off (no fuel on paint that way) and in some vehicles it can interfere with the vapor recovery system.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Terra-Nox said:
In general its better not to top off (no fuel on paint that way) and in some vehicles it can interfere with the vapor recovery system.
Well thats the problem, both times i got fuel on the paint. First time I wiped it down with a shirt then 30 min later I "washed" it with wet and dry towels. Second time I washed it gently with the windshield brush at the gas station and then wiped it down with a cloth when I got home. Hopefully, I didn't cause any problems with the paint. :'(

·
Registered
193 Posts
It won't damage the paint, but you do run the risk of liquid fuel entering the vapor recovery system, which is only supposed to have fuel vapors in it.

First click, stop filling.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I dont understand the question...you "top off" and fuel overflows. So STOP TOPPING OFF.

this isnt rocket science.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Dave25 said:
I dont understand the question...you "top off" and fuel overflows. So STOP TOPPING OFF.

LMAO

Enough said, this thread is done. ::)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Dave25 said:

2ND

1 - 8 of 8 Posts