GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I filled up for the second time yesterday and noticed that the nozzle doesn't sit level while filling up. Meaning I can't set the handle on a trigger and let go of the nozzle to do a sort of hands free fill up. Was wondering if anyone is also having this problem? 2011 terrain (look at name for the rest)

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I haven't no, and I use my locking gas cap to perform the 'auto hands free' fill.[/color]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OnxBear said:
I haven't no, and I use my locking gas cap to perform the 'auto hands free' fill.[/color]
Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I have to work on my strategy when I fill up. Lol, will come in time.

·
Registered
119 Posts
In wonderful NJ there is no need for that, as it is illegal to pump your own gas lol

·
Registered
297 Posts
kuppyr said:
In wonderful NJ there is no need for that, as it is illegal to pump your own gas lol
Yeah, I noticed that. It is a PIA trying to return to the Philly airport knowing that you likely have to fill up in NJ because there aren't any convenient gas stations near the airport.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
kuppyr said:
And do you guys pay a premium per gallon for this wonderful privilege? If not then that's awesome (as long as the attendants don't expect tips) ...otherwise I would go out of state for self serve fillups.

·
Registered
119 Posts
NoobNox said:
And do you guys pay a premium per gallon for this wonderful privilege? If not then that's awesome (as long as the attendants don't expect tips) ...otherwise I would go out of state for self serve fillups.
Nope its actually cheaper then lots of places..
The last price is paid was $3.089 on March 1st.
If you want to see prices that I have paid check out my Fuelly:
http://www.fuelly.com/driver/kuppyr/terrain

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
kuppyr said:
Even with a motorcycle??
I sure wouldn't let some joker wave a fuel nozzle over my tank or chance him overflowing a fill up. :eek: :mad:

·
Registered
119 Posts
IceMan said:
Even with a motorcycle??
I sure wouldn't let some joker wave a fuel nozzle over my tank or chance him overflowing a fill up. :eek: :mad:
I'm not sure what the deal with motorcycles in NJ is but I've never had a gas attendent try to fill my motorcycle up, they always give it to me to fill up

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have heard that before. I haven't had to fill it up yet, only put on 186 miles so far.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Try to not put the nozzle ALL the way in the filler tube. Ive noticed that when I do that, it will click off the pump way too fast. Just back it out a 1/2" and it should be good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts