GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So GMC is asking $245 for their Protection Package which includes mats & mud flaps. Weather Tech wants $285 for mats & cargo liner. Seems to me that Weather Tech is the better deal. However:

• How do I get the flaps? If I can’t get the dealer to order & install them, will aftermarkets look good and how difficult for me to install?
• What kind if mats go on the 2011 Terrain? Weather Tech is asking for either Dual Floor Posts or Dual Floor Hooks.

Thanks.


:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
If the GMC rubber mats are the same ones I bought from the dealer (essentially for three-seasons use) they do not offer anywhere near the coverage of the Weathertech or Huskyliners. No comparison at all.

Not sure about the hooks in the Weathertechs (I have Huskys) and I'm surprised Weathertech offers two separate options. This may be a mistake of some sort on their website.

You should be able to order the factory mud guards and have the dealer install them. If you are handy with a screwdriver (and a drill) you could install them yourself - but take note you have to remove the rear tires to install the rear guards. Not sure about aftermarket... I would go with OEM myself, and would - except the rear ones have GMC embossed in them which I don't care for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,537 Posts
When I bought my Terrain, I asked the salesman to throw in the mudguards since there was no kind of discount other then the $2k for being a demo. It took a month for the guards to come in but they installed them free too.
Wheathertechs have holes in the bottom and the Huskys don't.
I have the Huskys and love them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
robterrain said:
• What kind if mats go on the 2011 Terrain? Weather Tech is asking for either Dual Floor Posts or Dual Floor Hooks.
I thought I've read on here about the 2011's having snaps, not hooks, like the 2010's do. We have a 2010 'Nox and it has the hooks. Maybe someone with a 2011 will chime in on this subject. This only affects the driver's side front mat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
Are you talking about liners or rubber mats? The Weathertech liners are great. They do have opening where the hooks that hold down the drivers side mats but they have a rubber lip seals the hooks and go into an inditation in the mat so no water leaks through. This is one of the snowiest winters in NY and I had no water go through where the hooks go through the mats. I believe that the Huskys cover more of where you may rest your left foot. I don't own the Huskys so I can't speak for them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,828 Posts
TheCrow1994 said:
I thought I've read on here about the 2011's having snaps, not hooks, like the 2010's do. We have a 2010 'Nox and it has the hooks. Maybe someone with a 2011 will chime in on this subject. This only affects the driver's side front mat.
That is entirely correct, hence that is why WeatherTech offers the two retention device options on their web - hooks or posts.

robterrain[/color]
MY10 - hooks
MY11 - posts[/color]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do not necessarily like the GMC letters on the mudflaps either. But I have a hard time having to drilling holds in the body of my new car for aftermarket flaps. I assume those holes go on a ~ 1/2" lip turnimng inward towards the wheel well. So I may ask the dealer to order them and install. Figure if he screws it up, its his problem.

As far as the hook or posts on the driver side mat; I take it form everyones replies that I need to tell Weahter Teck to send me the post kind.

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
how can you say weathertech is a better deal? they are two different (four) items?????

it all depends on what you want....

order the mudflaps from the parts counter....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,828 Posts
robterrain said:
I do not necessarily like the GMC letters on the mudflaps either. But I have a hard time having to drilling holds in the body of my new car for aftermarket flaps. I assume those holes go on a ~ 1/2" lip turnimng inward towards the wheel well. So I may ask the dealer to order them and install. Figure if he screws it up, its his problem.

There is only one hole to drill for each of the OEM mud guards and it does not go through any sheet metal on the truck, the wheel well plastic liner and the lower plastic body panel, is all that is there - so you'll be fine if you do decide to go this route. If I remember correctly its the very top hole that needs to be drilled into the plastic, the other mounting holes line up with the exsisting holes.
The GMC logo is the same color as the textured guards so it doesn't stand out per say, I have colored my GMC lettering red to do the opposite though.[/color]

As far as the hook or posts on the driver side mat; I take it form everyones replies that I need to tell Weahter Teck to send me the post kind.

Yes, that's correct.[/color]

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gar187er said:
how can you say weathertech is a better deal? they are two different (four) items?????

it all depends on what you want....

order the mudflaps from the parts counter....
Way I figure it:
WT: Front/Rear digital mats + liner = $280. Order flaps ~50 = $330
GMC: Front/Rear mats + flaps = $245. Order liner ~ $110$ = $355
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
TheCrow1994 said:
I thought I've read on here about the 2011's having snaps, not hooks, like the 2010's do. We have a 2010 'Nox and it has the hooks. Maybe someone with a 2011 will chime in on this subject. This only affects the driver's side front mat.
That is correct, the 2011 Terrain has the snaps. Driver's side only.[/color]
 
G

·
Do you really need to "Drill" to install the rear flaps.

I installed the oem front mudflaps and the holes were already there. If I recall correctly there was 1 or 2 others but I didn't need to "drill"....with a little pressure the screws just self tapped into the plastic wheel well liner. Installing the fronts is a piece of cake and took me maybe 7 minutes a side. I assume the rears would be just as easy??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
483 Posts
mmarges said:
Do you really need to "Drill" to install the rear flaps.

I installed the oem front mudflaps and the holes were already there. If I recall correctly there was 1 or 2 others but I didn't need to "drill"....with a little pressure the screws just self tapped into the plastic wheel well liner. Installing the fronts is a piece of cake and took me maybe 7 minutes a side. I assume the rears would be just as easy??
I guess you wouldn't have to but the installation instructions that came with my GM mudguards shows where to drill several holes. Even shows two different drill bits that you need. Maybe the earlier ones didn't but mine does and it came with the screws. Mine still uses the existing retaining clips and mounting tape as well as the new screws.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,828 Posts
Black Granite LTZ said:
I guess you wouldn't have to but the installation instructions that came with my GM mudguards shows where to drill several holes. Even shows two different drill bits that you need. Maybe the earlier ones didn't but mine does and it came with the screws. Mine still uses the existing retaining clips and mounting tape as well as the new screws.
mmarges said:
Do you really need to "Drill" to install the rear flaps.

Just drilled a small pilot hole to help out is all.[/color]


I installed the oem front mudflaps and the holes were already there. If I recall correctly there was 1 or 2 others but I didn't need to "drill"....with a little pressure the screws just self tapped into the plastic wheel well liner. Installing the fronts is a piece of cake and took me maybe 7 minutes a side. I assume the rears would be just as easy??
Relatively speaking, yes they are, if you have a stubby screwdriver. If not just remove the rear wheels for easier access.[/color]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
On a related topic....Has anyone tried the Canvas Back cargo liner? If so how happy are you with it? Did it come with the cutouts for the 2nd row seatback hooks? Any input is much appreciated.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top