GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just figured it might be fun for those of us who want/can, to list our different professions. We all share love for the same vehicle (platform), let's see what else we have in common....

·
Registered
207 Posts
Worked for the same company for 18 years, ran the punch for 12 years been programming for the last 3.
We have 1 Strippit punch press, 1 Finn punch press, 1 C-5 punch press, 1 Trumph Laser and 1 Mazak Laser.
I work nights and love it, we do Monday - Thursday 4pm to 2:30 am.
Been working over time for the last 3 weeks, it's been crazy the last month.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Civil engineering (government) but also moonlight in development engineering and design... small (~100-lot) residential subdivisions and site plans for commercial and higher density residential. Can express much more creativity in the private sector than in the public. Started in this field fresh out of school 11 years ago, as a surveyor, and have worked my butt off ever since to get to where I am today. Only 29 more years before I can retire and collect my pension.

Phantom, you started the profession thread but didn't post your profession...

Z_Ghost, by programmer are you referring to CAD/CAM? Still have all your digits?

Also, interesting that the two 'paranormal entities' post in the wee hours of the morning...

·
Registered
378 Posts
In IT managing Virtual Machines (VM Ware ESX), servers (AD, Exchange, BES), network (Cisco switches, firewall, etc) and occasional Tier 3 support when helpdesk can't fix something. Been changing jobs a lot (only way to get raises in this economy) but I think I can settle at current place for a while.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
Worked 40 years for GE Energy as a Power Systems Engineer. Worked in fields of reliability, strategic planning, economic analysis, market research and marketing. Currently retired, but doing consulting for GE when weather is lousy. Outside interests include bowling, running, hiking, sailing, swimming, gardening, cars, and fixing things.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Worked 17 years as an aircraft mechanic in Newark NJ for Delta Airlines, worked on B-727, B-737-300 and -800, B757, B767-200 and -300ER's, B-777, MD88, MD90, MD11 and the Boeing Business Jet..

Now work for a company called NetJets as a maintenance controller, I am in an office now and manage the many maintenance events all over the country on my fleet of aircraft the Cessna Citation Ultra, Encore and Encore plus..

·
Registered
8 Posts
I' e been an air traffic controller for 28 1/2 years, the last 15 in the Washington DC area.

G

·
Outside Sales Engineer. I work with plant managers, engineers and maintenance personell providing robotics and automation sensor solutions to manufacturing facilities...automotive, plastics, pharmaceutical, food, OEM's ect...been doing this for 13 years now with the same company.

Living in Ontario Canada, my 100km radius sales territory includes Ingersol, one of my largest customers is Cami Automotive....the factory that your Terrain/Equinox is made. I personally have provided error proofing sensor solutions used to make your vehicle better. Not only at the plant assembly level but I have a tonne of other customers that make parts. The guys that make your bumper, inside door panels, front dash assembly unit, pieces of the metal frame sub assemblies ect.. ect.. they all use a tonne of my stuff. The issue with the drooping head liners...it was me who was involved in that solution earlier this year. They had to change the glue on the magnet assemblies but also there was an issue with the physical location that they are placed. My sensors verify the location of the those pieces during the assembly operation. Anyone with a 2011 the next time you have your vehicle on a hoist look at the permanent laser marked name/date/lot code on all the brake lines...that was my deal too. They use my lasers to make that mark on brake tube being formed and running of the line at 200ft/min.

It's fun and interesting to see everything being manufactured and put together from the raw components to final products of things we use every day. And even more rewarding to have a helping hand in making all those things even better!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Retired Army Captain and Electronics Plant manager

·
Registered
441 Posts
Did retail for 7 years, but been doin cable for the past 5.....9 months mon-fri 8-5.....3 months (which im doin now) 10pm-8am.....its **** cold out now...lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Software engineer / software developer for 26 years now...

Looking forward to my retirement but's still a long way to go :(.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Im currently going to college to get my degree in Radiologic Technology. Actually start the program this coming semester. Cant wait to get back into the working world and making money.

I was in the US Army from 04-09 as a medic. Thank you GI Bill. :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
Firefighter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am also an Air Traffic Controller. Been controlling airplanes for the last 5 years in Memphis and lovin' it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Logistics manager for a Wine company.
I also volunteer for my local 1st Aid Squad and Fire Dept in the town where I live.

·
Registered
196 Posts
this is crazy!
I'm also an air traffic controller, I'm out of des moines.

surprised to see two others on here.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Terrain said:
Z_Ghost, by programmer are you referring to CAD/CAM? Still have all your digits?

Also, interesting that the two 'paranormal entities' post in the wee hours of the morning...
Yes to the CAD/CAM, we use Jetcam for programming.
As far as all the digits go I am missing a little bit off the end of my right thumb, still have the nail but when I did it I could see skin, muscle and bone.
Did it in a press brake that had a knife edge setup and just clipped it.

I get home between 3 and 5 am, I like the nights.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts