GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody else hd problems with these rotective coating bubbling? As well, any problems with paint around the outside edge of the plastic rear bumper peeling where it meets the metal of the back quarter panel??

·
Registered
115 Posts
I haven't noticed any problems with paint peeling anywhere. I also haven't noticed any stone gaurds on NOX, though. Could you include pictures?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
No paint problems here. I will keep an eye out for it though.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Ours had them on it when it came off the truck. We got there about 5 minutes after it was unloaded. My mother-in-laws Terrain also has them in the exact same spot.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
SnowItch said:
Yes, there is. I was searching for the post where someone who was there when there vehicle arrived was asking what they were for. So, I believe that they ship with the protective film on. We'd have to hear from Terrain owners if the dealer is removing them upon delivery (and are they supposed to).
Our Terrain came with the protective film at the front of both rear fenders (well actually the rear of both rear doors LOL).
You can see it in the attached picture even with and to the left of the tire, straight down from the door handle.
It's a 5 sided piece of clear film (I think).
The dealer said it's there to protect the paint since that area is prone to stone chips.
I asked way back when if we could have it removed and he said OK, but it really doesn't look too bad unless you're looking for it so we haven't pursued it any further for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
No. They didnt even know they were there until I pointed them out. Mind you, this was one of their first Terrains that they got.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
bballr4567 said:
No. They didnt even know they were there until I pointed them out. Mind you, this was one of their first Terrains that they got.
I would live with the stone guard they look alot better than stone chips in the paint
The rear rocker panel in front of my rear wheels is all marked up from stones but the clear plastic has protected the pain above it.
I installed factory mudflaps and they do not help enough

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
ckmullin said:
Just so I'm clear as I think I might install them also. Do those mud flaps even help? or Do they help but just a bit? or Don't really do much at all? etc

thx
I would say that they don't hurt...I think they help in the appearence also but along the bottom edge of my Terrain one can see the marks in the plastic rockerpanel from the stones
Am I glad I have mudflaps on YES
They are easy to install also If you get them from your dealer have him print out installation instructions from his computer my set didn't come with any..Think I paid 60 dollars for all 4

1 - 9 of 9 Posts