GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the noises and hard ride and uncomfortable stuff went away last week when I got rid of (traded in) the 2010 equinox and 2010 camaro for a Mercedes ML-350.
Now that is what I call a quiet comfortable ride!
It cost me two chevys and about 10 grand and not much less gas mileage.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Wait until you need to get the Mercedes repaired when it's out of warranty and fork out the money for the bill using your own money! Then we'll see who has a real PROBLEM.
Gotta luv that German engineering and reliability. I owned an Audi once but that's another story that would fill a book. If I were to write that book it would be titled " The Audi From HELL"

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'll stick with my Chevy's. That way I still have $$ for my other toys. Boat, motorcyle, etc. ;D

·
Registered
698 Posts
Nice choice! I cross shopped the GL 350 with the Terrain but it seemed to lack "personality".

·
Registered
441 Posts
and thats a surprise?! 2 cars and 10k....yea thats about right........thats why its called luxury and costs more.....

·
Registered
378 Posts
OMG really?? What a big surprise!! :eek:
MSRP is 2 x that of Equinox/Terrain and adding toys costs even more.
I don't know why you are comparing fish and chips entree and Caviar appetizer.

·
Registered
332 Posts
gar187er said:
and thats a surprise?! 2 cars and 10k....yea thats about right........thats why its called luxury and costs more.....
Exactly!

[email protected]$25K + [email protected]$35K + $10K = $70K.

The ML-350 may be nice, but I'd keep the practical vehicle plus the sporty vehicle and the $10K fun money instead of the Benz.

·
Registered
698 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Can't wait till his first oil change......but hey they do have nice waitting rooms...
I'm so proud of you for not making one of your trademark "you're just trying to impress your neighbours" comment! ;D

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Terrain said:
I'm so proud of you for not making one of your trademark "you're just trying to impress your neighbours" comment! ;D
IMO, him doing something like that would go without saying...Seems as though he may impressed you a tad

·
Registered
698 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
IMO, him doing something like that would go without saying...Seems as though he may impressed you a tad
lol and indeed he did. Going from a 1LT to a Mercedes ML 350 is a huge step up... one of those up here in the Great White North would set me back over $70,000 !!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Are you really comparing the Nox to a vehicle that costs more than twice as much? I agree that Mercedes makes some nice stuff, but as far as quality control/reliability they have been no better or even worse than the domestics in recent years. My sister has a fully loaded 05 E500 which is very nice...smooth ride, good handling/brakes and a powerful engine. Of course the thing has scared her enough that she always rents a car for out of town trips...the center stack and gauge electronics have freaked out twice, the rear climate control stopped working, the wipers stopped working, bits and pieces of interior trim (along with the flimsy cupholder) have fallen off/broken...and the piece de resistance was when the air suspension spectacularly collapsed when she was more than 200 miles from home. (and 200 miles from the nearest Mercedes dealership as well) YMMV and your ML350 may be rock solid until the day you sell/trade-in for something else...but just remember that you can't compare vehicles that are that far apart in price.

Also..if you can easily afford a decently equipped ML350...why did you only get a 1LT with the 4cyl?

·
Registered
27 Posts
RSchleder said:
Wait until you need to get the Mercedes repaired when it's out of warranty and fork out the money for the bill using your own money! Then we'll see who has a real PROBLEM.
Gotta luv that German engineering and reliability. I owned an Audi once but that's another story that would fill a book. If I were to write that book it would be titled " The Audi From HELL"
[
/quote
Or need to buy an extended warranty, Like over 5K for 3/36 like they wanted for my beemer, but if you have the cash to throw away like that then you did good, me I would of got an X6 instead the benz don't look mutch different than the NOX.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Terrain said:
lol and indeed he did. Going from a 1LT to a Mercedes ML 350 is a huge step up... one of those up here in the Great White North would set me back over $70,000 !!
Ya, something about that just doesn't sound right
What's a used 1lt going for now 18? and a camareo another 18 plus 10 of his own cash??? even my neighbors would be impressed lol

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Hope that new Mercedes came with fog lamps... I see he had them on his 1LT..
I would think that ccharley wont be reading/posting on here anymoe, probably recieved a special invite to join the Mercedes forum...
One has to wonder if on that forum they bitch as much about their vehicles as we do on here..
You know memory seat brought me back within 2mm of where it was supposed to . called the dealer in the middle of the night to let him know seat must work right....

Hope this Mercedes works out for him , his next move might have to be trade the Mercedes and his house on a Mayback oh ok include the wife..

·
Registered
163 Posts
Have to chuckle about the memory seat. My wife has a Caddy CTS and I seldom drive it. She is 5'2+ and Im 6' and only twice have I grabbed her keys to move her car and the seat adjusted to fit her and **** near killed me! Talk about panic :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts