GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be having a slight problem with the memory remote recall feature in my 2011 Terrain. I noticed that when unlock my car with my remote and get in the driver's seat, the seat doesn't always fully go to the last position it was in when I locked my car with the remote (in my case it's memory position 1). Many times I'll notice that I feel like I'm sitting too far from the steering wheel and pedals and sure enough when I press and hold memory button 1, the seat moves a bit more into the proper position. Anyone else noticing this?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Re: problem with remote memory seat recall

You may want to check your settings for memory seats. I know that if you have memory settings set under vehicle settings and you unlock with key fob it seat should move to correct position. Also each key fob is set to correspond with memory seats so if you have memory setting set for memory 1 you need to make sure you have the corresponding key fob.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

2011LTZ said:
You may want to check your settings for memory seats. I know that if you have memory settings set under vehicle settings and you unlock with key fob it seat should move to correct position. Also each key fob is set to correspond with memory seats so if you have memory setting set for memory 1 you need to make sure you have the corresponding key fob.
You're saying I might be using the wrong key fob?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have noticed this too. I only use one key fob, so there is no issue there. Like you said, there are times that you get in the car and seat just isn't "quite right". Hitting the memory button oon the seat move is up just a little. I don't know if sitting in the seat while it is still moving affect how it reaches its "home" position or if it just a controller issue.

·
Registered
39 Posts

psywzrd said:
You're saying I might be using the wrong key fob?
Could be...I know that I was having problem with mine keeping the setting and when I tried the other keyfob it worked.

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
jstpsntym said:
I have noticed this too. I only use one key fob, so there is no issue there. Like you said, there are times that you get in the car and seat just isn't "quite right". Hitting the memory button oon the seat move is up just a little. I don't know if sitting in the seat while it is still moving affect how it reaches its "home" position or if it just a controller issue.
Did you know that the seat memory position stored by the remote, can/is different from the one stored by the 1/2 keypad on the seat ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RIT333 said:
Did you know that the seat memory position stored by the remote, can/is different from the one stored by the 1/2 keypad on the seat ?
I know this wasn't directed at me but I do know that. The remote is supposed to store whatever position the seat was in when you turn the ignition off or whatever. In my case I always make sure my seat is in memory position 1 but it certainly does not always move into that position like it should. The bad thing is that I bet this something that could get dragged out if you wanted to get it fixed. Something is clearly wrong though.

·
Registered
297 Posts
My Bonneville had two sets of memory settings, but had a separate keyfob for each setting. Out of habit, I always set any changes to my seat to memory #1. Since I only use the one key fob, there should be no confusion. Sometimes the seat only moves back to about 95-98% of the final position.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Software update time, there are releases to address this issue :)

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
psywzrd and jstpsntym,

Being that you are still under warranty, I would recommend contacting your local dealership for more information. Please feel free to keep us updated regarding the fix. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
psywzrd and jstpsntym,

Being that you are still under warranty, I would recommend contacting your local dealership for more information. Please feel free to keep us updated regarding the fix. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
Thanks, I will put it on my list for the next time I am at the dealer...this certainly does not warrant a separate visit.

·
Registered
157 Posts
RIT333 said:
The key fob positions and the memory button positions are separate - see procedure below for setting using the key fobs

There are two methods to save and recall memory positions for the driver seat and outside rearview mirrors (also adjustable pedals and power tilt/telescoping steering column if equipped). The first method to save and recall memory positions is by using the memory set buttons, the second method is by using the key fob.

Unique memory positions may be saved for up to 5 drivers. Two unique memory positions can be saved via memory recall switches 1 and 2. To save memory positions for driver 1:

• Adjust the driver seat and the exterior mirrors (also adjustable pedals and power column if equipped) to the desired position.

• Simultaneously press and hold the memory recall switch MEM button and button 1 until a signal chime sounds indicating the memory position is saved for driver 1.

A second seating position for driver 2 may be programmed by repeating the above steps and pressing memory button 2. There is no correlation between fob 1 and memory button 1 or fob 2 and memory button 2. The positions stored for each of the memory recall buttons can be recalled by pressing and holding the memory recall button until the memory controlled devices reach their saved position.

In addition to the two memory recall switch positions, three remote memory recall positions for Drivers 1, 2, and 3 may be saved. Drivers 1 and 2 will each have a unique set of remote memory recall positions saved for key fob ID’s 1 and 2. A third unique set of positions for Driver 3 may also be saved for all additional key fobs 3 through 8. Key fob ID’s 3 through 8 will be recognized by the Seat Memory Control Module as key fob ID 3. Key fob ID 3 will share the same set of saved positions but will be unique from key fob IDs 1 and 2.

Note: The key fob memory recall positions are not tied to the positions stored to the memory seat recall switches.

Key fobs 1, 2 and 3 (up to 3 unique sets of positions) can be saved by:

• Press Unlock on the desired key fob

• Place the ignition in the ON position

• Adjust seat and mirrors to desired positions

• Turn the ignition OFF

·
Registered
297 Posts
gmiemigrad said:
The key fob positions and the memory button positions are separate - see procedure below for setting using the key fobs

Key fobs 1, 2 and 3 (up to 3 unique sets of positions) can be saved by:

• Press Unlock on the desired key fob

• Place the ignition in the ON position

• Adjust seat and mirrors to desired positions

• Turn the ignition OFF
I finally was able to get around to try this. Still same results...ocasionally the seat needs to be bumped up a bit. I will ask dealer about this the next time I take it in.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I just had my Terrain in for an oil change and a couple other things and I had them look into this issue. They of course said that they couldn't replicate the problem but as soon as I got in my car to leave, the same thing happened :banghead:. Maybe 1 time out of 10 the seat will move fully into the position it's supposed to be in. The other times, it usually moves very close to the position but clearly not fully there.

Regarding the procedure posted by gmiemigrad earlier, do you actually have to turn the engine on in the 2nd step or no? I'm assuming no since it just says the "ON position" but I want to make sure. I also want to confirm something else. What I'm trying to accomplish is that when I unlock my car using my key fob, I want my seat and mirrors to go into the same position that I have programmed into the MEM 1 button on my seat. So basically I want the seat and mirrors to go into MEM 1 position when I unlock the car. That should be possible, right?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Timely thread... I've noticed the same thing with my 2012 Equinox LTZ... most of the time the key fob recall works to about 95% of the settings (mirrors and seat), but sometimes I feel like it must be just a hair off and when I hold down the memory 2 position (which is the seat and mirror position used with that key last time), it moves things slightly. Really weird... but not something I think I want my dealer dorking around with unless I am confident they can "fix" it.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Here is a note from the GM tech link. http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/June-Techlink-2012-F.pdf

Memory Seats Lose the Stored Position
On some 2010-2012 LaCrosse (with memory
seat, RPO A45), 2010-2012 SRX (with memory driver convenience package, RPO AAB), 2010-2012 Equinox LTZ, and 2010-2012 Terrain SLT models,
the memory
seat may not return to the stored position
when recalling it from the exit position, or it may lose the memory settings.
TIP: Generally, the condition is noticed after multiple operations, making the condition
perceived as intermittent.
First, verify the Memory Recall feature is being used correctly. Refer to the current version of #PIT4913 (Memory Seat Recall Inoperative from Key Fob) before proceeding
with the following steps.
Unlock the vehicle with the key fob button and turn the ignition to the Run position. Move the seat to the preferred customer driving
position. Visually determine the seat location by using a focal reference point or measurement tool.
Turn the ignition to Off to save the current seat position as the memory position for the current key fob. If the driver’s door is already open, the seat will move to the Easy Exit position. If the driver’s door is closed, open it to activate the Easy Exit feature.
While leaving the driver’s door open, cycle the seat between the key fob memory position
by pressing the unlock button on the key fob and the Easy Exit position by turning the ignition to Run and then to Off.
Perform this test up to 10 times. End at the same stored seat driving
position. If the seat position appears to have moved forward or rearward in the vehicle (in some cases up to 1/2 inch), new software is available for the Memory Seat Module (MSM).
TIP: For the Equinox LTZ and Terrain SLT models only, in TIS2Web, after selecting
MSM from the Module List, the Vehicle
Options drop-down list will come up. Select Heated Seats (+KA1). For all other models, select the appropriate options
listed using the RPO list. Under the Calibrations Tab, use the current TIS2Web Calibration identified as “New software to address customer complaints related to drifting memory position or loses memory position.” Thanks to Ernest Haller

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just as I expected, this problem is proving very difficult to fix. The service department had no idea my vehicle even had this feature, and they certainly don't know how to troubleshoot it. I even printed out the **** bulletin and gave it to them and they still questioned whether or not the vehicle had the RKE memory remote recall feature. This is one of those things that's only worth getting fixed if you're bringing your vehicle in for some other type of service/problem - it certainly doesn't warrant a special trip, especially when you're certain to become extremely frustrated with the general incompetence of the service department.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts