GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to page 5-33 (of the 2011 manual, 4-35 of the 2010 manual) you can set the air conditioning to either be on when the vehicle is started, off when the vehicle is started, or whatever it was when the vehicle was turned off. I have mine set to on, but it still just stays where it was when I turned the vehicle off. Does this setting work for others or is it just me? This is on a vehicle with auto air and the navigation unit in case that matters.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I have mine set to always be off when the engine is started, (which is the way it should be imo) but I always wondered why there was 3 options? In other words...if the a/c was off when you shut down, why would you want it automatically coming on at startup? I've never tried any other setting than off (meaning I always turn the a/c on manually) so I don't know if this is something normal or if you have a problem.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My thinking on the settings is if you get out of the car at night and the a/c was off, when you remote start it the next morning (when it is colder outside) you may want the air to come on to defrost everything.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Yes youre right. It's the remote start option.

gsuter said:
My thinking on the settings is if you get out of the car at night and the a/c was off, when you remote start it the next morning (when it is colder outside) you may want the air to come on to defrost everything.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I have tried starting with the key or with the remote start with the setting "on" and "off" and it appears the setting makes no difference. No matter where it is set it always restarts in the same condition it was in when I turned it off. If the air was off when I shut down the vehicle it will be off when I restart and if it was on, it will be on. Can anyone else confirm that their settings either work properly or don't work at all? I would like to know if it is just me or if they all have this issue before I go to the dealer with this.

·
Registered
119 Posts
gsuter said:
Ok, I have tried starting with the key or with the remote start with the setting "on" and "off" and it appears the setting makes no difference. No matter where it is set it always restarts in the same condition it was in when I turned it off. If the air was off when I shut down the vehicle it will be off when I restart and if it was on, it will be on. Can anyone else confirm that their settings either work properly or don't work at all? I would like to know if it is just me or if they all have this issue before I go to the dealer with this.
I tired the same with the Terrain (w/ remote start and navi) didn't notice any difference in the settings

·
Registered
830 Posts
When setting is ON : When you remote start your car it will be on. when you place your key on the RUN position it will be at your last settings used.
When setting is OFF : When you remote start your car it will be off. when you place your key on the RUN position it will be at your last settings used.
When setting is LAST SETTINGS : When you remote start your car it will be off if it was off and on if it was on. when you place your key on the RUN position it will be at your last settings used.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SuperMat64 said:
When setting is ON : When you remote start your car it will be on. when you place your key on the RUN position it will be at your last settings used.
When setting is OFF : When you remote start your car it will be off. when you place your key on the RUN position it will be at your last settings used.
When setting is LAST SETTINGS : When you remote start your car it will be off if it was off and on if it was on. when you place your key on the RUN position it will be at your last settings used.
I had my setting off. Had the air running, turned the car off and got out. Remote started the car, got in and the air was blowing. Put the key in and turned it and the air stayed on. So I know mine is not working as intended. Has anyone else tested theirs to see if it works?

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have tried the different settings and they work in my nox.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So that means it is either just mine that is messed up or they did something on the 2011 model that stopped this from working properly. Anyone with a 2011 that works properly?

·
Registered
378 Posts
gsuter said:
So that means it is either just mine that is messed up or they did something on the 2011 model that stopped this from working properly. Anyone with a 2011 that works properly?
I will test mine and report back, it was manufactures in Sept. so it's very recent production.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Mine is working as advertised.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Gsuter,
Have you taken your vehicle in to the dealership? If not I would definitely recommend doing so. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, or if you need help getting into a dealer.
Have a great day!
Christina
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
Gsuter,
Have you taken your vehicle in to the dealership? If not I would definitely recommend doing so. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, or if you need help getting into a dealer.
Have a great day!
Christina
Chevrolet Customer Service
I have not taken it in yet. I was trying to get some idea if it was just mine or all 2011's before I went in. I probably will take it in later in the week whether or not I have heard from any 2011 owners yet.

·
Registered
101 Posts
gsuter said:
I have not taken it in yet. I was trying to get some idea if it was just mine or all 2011's before I went in. I probably will take it in later in the week whether or not I have heard from any 2011 owners yet.
I'll give this a try over the next couple of days. Right now it is set to the default and it works correctly (last setting)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
quantumbyte said:
I'll give this a try over the next couple of days. Right now it is set to the default and it works correctly (last setting)
Mine does last setting no matter what it is set on. I have tested it with both remote starting and starting with the key.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts