GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all this is my 1st time here realy like my Equinox and the forum !! its white v6 lt1 awd 2011
price paid before tax 35655$

heres my problem like i said i paid 35655$ before tax and 2 weeks later they drop the price for the same configuration 2970$!!! :angryfire: :angryfire: its a lot of $$$ can i do something or not ...is this ever happend to you?.

thanks for your help.

·
Registered
978 Posts
caveat emptor​

IMHO...it is what it is...enjoy your new ride...forget about what cannot be undone
You must have been happy with the deal at the time you were ready to buy, so
be satisfied with that. These things happen with Toasters to TVs etc.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Forum :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
at lease whit a tv or a toaster a still have 30 days in most retailers to get a price adjust....but whe are not talking of 30 days 14 days....im from canada

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wind said:
hi all this is my 1st time here realy like my Equinox and the forum !! its white v6 lt1 awd 2011

heres my problem like i said i paid 35655$ before tax and 2 weeks later they drop the price for the same configuration 2970$!!! :angryfire: :angryfire: its a lot of $$$ can i do something or not ...is this ever happend to you?.

thanks for your help.
What configuration would that be ? 3 grand is a lot of dough. Almost 10%, Are certain of this ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you will have to go on gmcanada site enter postal j4v3a3 and configurate one
1lt awd v6 i dont have the tow pack, block heater ,18 inch mag ,but i haded one after market from the dealer 2inch with brake controler they charge me 650$

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MOCHANOX said:
caveat emptor​

IMHO...it is what it is...enjoy your new ride...forget about what cannot be undone
You must have been happy with the deal at the time you were ready to buy, so
be satisfied with that. These things happen with Toasters to TVs etc.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Forum :thumb: :thumb:

the point its not that im happy or not whit the price i paid but whe always limite are self for money if i had the 2970$ i could get a lt2 whit power lift gate or a nav system or backup camera just imagine....for 14 days ...my friend will get a higher grade for the same price its just not fair not by 30 60 or a year 14 days...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Haole Da Kine said:
What configuration would that be ? 3 grand is a lot of dough. Almost 10%, Are certain of this ?
They have a employee pricing thing going on in Canada

·
Registered
161 Posts
Wind said:

thanks for your help.
If your paying anything near invoice you should probably do a little more research. But really in the end that's not everything.

·
Registered
20 Posts
GM putting the "employee pricing" on the Terrain/Equinox in Canada was a little surprising, since the dealers don't seem to be having much trouble selling them without incentives. And it's not as though the 2012 is redesigned making the '11s "obsolete" and hard to sell. Regardless they (GM or individual dealers) often offer deals to move product that is soon going to be one model year old, with the best prices showing up when new non-current model vehicles are on the lot next to current vehicles. If you buy a 2011 that's still sitting on the lot in the middle of the 2012 model year, you'll likely save thousands. Just remember that if, for example, you trade it in during the 2016 MY, what you see as a 4-year-old car will be viewed as a 5-year-old car by the dealer when they look up your trade-in allowance.

It's a bit of bad timing for you, Wind... nothing you can do about except to follow MOCHANOX's advice and enjoy your new vehicle.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I guess you can hope it has so many problems they buy it back as a lemon :banghead:

That config for $29.7k seems low. Although you should generally never pay MSRP, paying invoice is more realistic, and is even lower than this GM employee "preffered price". So you should always check the invoice price or just offer to pay it at a minimum. Many credit unions already have a relationship with GM and have credit union discount. My bank, USAA actually has a program that has guaranteed no haggle pricing of like $300 under invoice price, print it out and bring it to a participating dealer, then they even gave me $750 rebate for having that same bank membership. So I ended up at about $1k under invoice on a 2011 2LT.

What disappointed me was GM flexible earnings credit card only allows $1000 in redemption value toward the Equinox. Luckily they had a $1000 bonus earnings, so got me another $2000 off the price I actually paid. And never pay full price for the extended warranties, they only cost the dealerships like $900-1000 and try to sell them to you for $2000+. Most people will never get their money back on the extended warranties, because even if something does fail in the first 5 years, it likely only be $800 repair, which you can get a couple of those before the warranty paid for itself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts