GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 105K miles on my 2015 Equinox, and tired of having to yank the OEM rotors off every 35K miles or so to have them turned due to warping, I figured now that it's time to change pads too, to go ahead and try different rotors.

I found this PowerStop kit that included new rotors & ceramic pads and installed it today. I found it online cheaper than Summit listed it ($129 at the time last month) and Summit price matched it at $92 for the kit. Not bad at all for new pads AND rotors.

Everything was an EXACT fit and went on today without any problems at all. I'm looking forward to less brake dust from the ceramic pads and the rotors seem to be quality replacements, but only time will tell if they solve my regular warping problem. I'm pleased with this kit right after install, but I'll update as I put more miles on it.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/PWR-KOE5334

Reactions: RIT333

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just flipped 121K mikes, so 16K miles on the PowerStop Kit. Rotors are still fine, but the ceramic pads the kit comes with dust VERY badly! The stock pads made it to 105K miles, so if I had it to do over again, I’d keep the rotors, but go back with the stock pads.

Reactions: rednox301

·
Registered
641 Posts
I just did PS coated rotors on my daughter in laws Caliber. But I did not use their pads. All these aftermarket performance brake upgrade pads are dusty / dirty no matter what brand I've tried. I've got Wagner OEX pads on my 'nox and Tahoe now and they are clean, claim to be shorter stopping. Jury's still out on longevity.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've used the Centric coated rotors and ceramic pads on 3 vehicles now and been very happy with the results. They seem very much equal to the oem brakes in terms of braking feel, power, no noise, low or no dust, etc. Worlds better than the cheapie stuff. And costs about half or less that of OEM.

2008 Mazda3
2012 Terrain (about 15 months, 14k miles ago)
2015 Town and Country

I had the Terrain apart over Christmas for a front hub and tire rotation. Brakes all look good so far. And I should hope they do, took about 74,000 miles to get the stock ones anywhere near the squeal springs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts