GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Would you trade 3 express down for 1 express up on the driver side

• I prefer all 4 express down - not a single express up.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I prefer an Express Down & Up on the driver side, and will trade the express down on the passenger

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, is it just me? or why in the hell would the engineers and decision makers at GM decide to make all 4 windows "Auto Down" and not a single one "Auto Up"...please at least have the driver window auto up....they go hand in hand and is a huge convenience factor since this is the window used 50x more often than the other 3 put together.

If it's a cost thing then add the 20 bucks or whatever it costs to the bottom line MSRP. Or heck, at least make it standard on the higher trim levels like the 2LT and for sure the LTZ.

So the question is if GM can't increase the cost of the vehicle by a single penny so the only way to include it is a trade off....then the poll is this:

What would you prefer

1. I prefer to have all 4 windows Auto Down - Not a single one Auto Up.
OR
2. I would prefer to TRADE the Auto Down feature on the passenger and rear windows and in exchange get Auto UP & Down on the Driver window.

Personaly, I think the feature on the drivers side is where the most convenience would come from.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I'm all for hand cranks for the windows save about 50 bucks
Are we all that lazy that we can't hold a button for a couple seconds till the window goes up without catching anyones head in it..
I would think express up would require some kind of safety switch in it to keep it from pinning little Johnies head in the window

·
Registered
101 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
I'm all for hand cranks for the windows save about 50 bucks
Are we all that lazy that we can't hold a button for a couple seconds till the window goes up without catching anyones head in it..
I would think express up would require some kind of safety switch in it to keep it from pinning little Johnies head in the window
Wow, I had to go check the manual because I assumed that the Equinox would have anti-pinch features on their windows, but it seems only the sunroof has that! Strange... And important to keep in mind.

·
Registered
378 Posts
quantumbyte said:
Wow, I had to go check the manual because I assumed that the Equinox would have anti-pinch features on their windows, but it seems only the sunroof has that! Strange... And important to keep in mind.
Isn't it given all modern windows will have this though? I ought to test mine with something soft enough not to break it...

·
Registered
830 Posts
I love the all windows express down features, but i would like to have an express up on the driver side.

·
Registered
101 Posts
georgi55 said:
Isn't it given all modern windows will have this though? I ought to test mine with something soft enough not to break it...
Apparently not. I took it for granted because my old 3 Series BMW had that feature, wether you were raising it by hand or with the auto-up feature. However, I just checked the manual on my mazda 3 and I was sadly surprised (see picture). I guess it is reasonable for simple technology like airbags to make it from luxury to mainstream in ~10 years, but highly-advanced technology like a torque sensor on the windows... impossible! ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
BTW even Camry LE (2011) has express up and down on all windows, in addition to the sunroof if you get it and that's a 20k car...come on Chevy!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats why when a vehicle is equiped with an express up it's usually on the driver window only...no little Johny getting his head pinch in the other 3 windows and whats the chances of you pinching yourself....you'd have to be pretty dumb to do that being the one in control of the switch....well, Lloyd Chritmas did it in the movie Dumb & Dumber ;D That was such a funny movie ;D

I just think of all the times you're going through a drive through with money, food or coffee fumbling in your hands while trying to steer the car and get out and on your way. A quick up auto up would just make it so convenient to get going on your way....certainly more convenient than having the auto down on the other 3 windows. IMO.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
mmarges said:
Thats why when a vehicle is equiped with an express up it's usually on the driver window only...no little Johny getting his head pinch in the other 3 windows and whats the chances of you pinching yourself....you'd have to be pretty dumb to do that being the one in control of the switch....well, Lloyd Chritmas did it in the movie Dumb & Dumber ;D That was such a funny movie ;D

I just think of all the times you're going through a drive through with money, food or coffee fumbling in your hands while trying to steer the car and get out and on your way. A quick up auto up would just make it so convenient to get going on your way....certainly more convenient than having the auto down on the other 3 windows. IMO.
stay at the drivethru window, put items away, put window back up, look both ways drive on ...What all but 10 seconds???

·
Registered
58 Posts
Funny thing is that when you roll the window all the way up, after full closure, you can hear a little “click” like a sensing relay that one can assume would be to deactivate the power to the window motor. Seems to me like everything is already in place... Just a thought.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fourmoremarine said:
stay at the drivethru window, put items away, put window back up, look both ways drive on ...What all but 10 seconds???
Hmmmm, in todays world with everyone on the go! Sorry haven't go 10 seconds to waste in a drive through, neither do the people in the 10 cars behind me. lets see, 10 seconds for each car x10 cars (if everyone were to follow your advice) that's 100 additional seconds wasted for everyone. Maybe you can afford to loose more than a minute and a half...most can not. It is what it is.

You know, kind of like that Dbag who leaves 2-3 full car lengths between him and the guy ahead at a red light with the reasoning of safety, that if he gets bumped from behind there's plenty of clearence so he can't jolt to far ahead and hit the guy in front.....Dude, if we all left 20-30ft between our cars only 6 or 7 of us are going to get through the green light....if we all leave a reasonable 5ft then maybe 20-30 of us can make it. Traffic flows better and we all get to where we're going faster.

Please tell me that on top of being the guy wasting our time at the drive through that you're not also the one limiting the amount of traffic through the green.

·
Registered
378 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
10 seconds? In northern Virginia you are lucky to get 3 seconds before you get honked from the person behind to get out of the pick up windows even if their food isn't ready yet...

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
mmarges said:
Hmmmm, in todays world with everyone on the go! Sorry haven't go 10 seconds to waste in a drive through, neither do the people in the 10 cars behind me. lets see, 10 seconds for each car x10 cars (if everyone were to follow your advice) that's 100 additional seconds wasted for everyone. Maybe you can afford to loose more than a minute and a half...most can not. It is what it is.

You know, kind of like that Dbag who leaves 2-3 full car lengths between him and the guy ahead at a red light with the reasoning of safety, that if he gets bumped from behind there's plenty of clearence so he can't jolt to far ahead and hit the guy in front.....Dude, if we all left 20-30ft between our cars only 6 or 7 of us are going to get through the green light....if we all leave a reasonable 5ft then maybe 20-30 of us can make it. Traffic flows better and we all get to where we're going faster.

Please tell me that on top of being the guy wasting our time at the drive through that you're not also the one limiting the amount of traffic through the green.
[/quot If you are that pressed for time in this life you have problems... Slow down and enjoy the ride, you only go around once.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
mmarges, you're right on money about the 2/3/4 cars space at intersections. That bugs me too. Especially when I want to make a left turn and can't get into the left turn lane.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
come on folks enjoy the view once in awhile maybe by sitting for one more light you can look at some beautifull stain glass windows on a church or see kids playing in the playground or admire some old houses someone has restored
Trust me, your not that importaint in life that you have to get there 10 seconds sooner than the other guy

·
Registered
10,396 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
come on folks enjoy the view once in awhile maybe by sitting for one more light you can look at some beautifull stain glass windows on a church or see kids playing in the playground or admire some old houses someone has restored
... or maybe a HOT Women or Man crossing the street (take your choice).

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
fourmoremarine said:
And......what part of the country, part of town are you from? Because, the last time I checked the average Joe in the average "crumbling" town in the real world doesn't really have the privilege of such a sight on his average day out and about. Even if there were such a sight most stiff's are on the go trying to make a living and on the run from the taxman (got to pay back that trillions in debt some how), so we'd miss it anyway.

I'll take up the 10 seconds in a drive through if there's a pretty lady walking across the street ;D but other than that just simply give me that **** Auto Window Up feature and be on my way thanks ;D

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
The point I'm trying to make is were all in the big hurry to get nowhere.
I'm sure none of us are on our way to close on a million dollar deal(if I was I'd send someone else to pick up the 2 Mcmuffins for 2 bucks)
Being first is not going to make you anymore money in life. And yes no matter what part of the country one is from there are things worth taking the time to view.
Hope your not one of those road rage type guys ....

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No road rage here. Well at least not to the point of running someone off the road or having a physical fight (never have, never will). More so just a subconcious round table discussion between me, myself and I evaluating an abnormal manouver from another driver and then coming to a conclusion if he/she is a Dbag or not a Dbag...then shake my head a little forget about it and go on my way.

Think I'll have to keep my eyes open more for pretty ladies walking across the street, that's worth taking the time to view ;D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts