GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In preparation for our first trip in the new Terrain (it has not left the driveway since bringing it home last Friday), I set up my Garmin nuvi in the vehicle. It seems to fit nicely in the cavity in front of the shift lever and is still able to get a satisfactory sat signal. I believe it will work better there than on the dash (I have it in one of those weighted bean bag holders).

One thing I noticed was that the power to the socket to which it is connected (inside that cubby hole in front of the shift) is dead when the key is off and removed. This is a good thing for the GPS as it won't suck vehicle battery power when the car (and the gps) is not in use. However, what if I want to use the socket to charge my cell phone when the vehicle is off. Are any of the other sockets live when the Terrain is turned off?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have my GPS in the cubby too and amazingly it works better there then it did mounted to the windshield on my last car. I get a signal much faster and lose it less ofter. Plus you can't see the GPS mount when walking by. My last car was broken into twice to steal it.

·
Registered
635 Posts
My van was broken into to steal the Tim Horton' s card I had sitting in the cup holder. (Took rubber cupholder liner and coins too!)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I wonder if the outlets can be programmed to be on or off, reason I wonder is that the 2010 Impala has outlets that stay hot when the ignition is off?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve A said:
I wonder if the outlets can be programmed to be on or off, reason I wonder is that the 2010 Impala has outlets that stay hot when the ignition is off?
Yes, this is the first vehicle I have ever owned where the outlet shut down. Again, I'm glad (because it means I don't have to pull the gps), but it would be nice to be able to make it stay hot if you desired.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the rear socket is live with the vehicle off. I had wondered what that power socket would be good for. Well I just found out. Went to ride my bike to the store for a Sunday paper and found the tires soft. Perfect place to plug in my DC powered air pump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts