GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 4 cl 2wd SLT-1 and I discovered recently that of the 4 power outlets the front 3 turn off with the key. The only outlet that stays powered all the time is the back most one in the rear. The manual seems to imply that they should stay on however I haven't been able to find any option to change the way they are setup. Is this just the way they are?

Thanks

·
Registered
289 Posts
That's the way they are. All of the front ones stay on with the accessories. The only one that stays on permanently is the cargo area.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You are correct though - I was researching this today via the manual to figure out the on/off configuration and the manual does imply that they remain on after shutdown (so you're not losing your mind).
Deeds.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - I thought so. I use the front one to charge my phone and recently on a trip I left my wall charger at home so I left the phone in for an over night charge which didn't happen. You would think that with the battery run-down protection system they would just leave them all on as they are in most other vechiles that I have owned.

·
Registered
72 Posts
FYI, the 2012 manual states that the front three turn off when the ignition is off and that the cargo one is the only one that stays on. This does not help you unless you're going to trade in just for a new manual but I figured I'd state the fact. lol

Pete

1 - 5 of 5 Posts