GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone thought of powder coating the 18" wheels on their Terrain? I have a black SLT2 and was contemplating powder coating the wheels black. You think this wuold affect my warranty at all?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,498 Posts
USFwrestler said:
Has anyone thought of powder coating the 18" wheels on their Terrain? I have a black SLT2 and was contemplating powder coating the wheels black. You think this wuold affect my warranty at all?
Only if the extra weight from the powder coating caused you to damage the suspension, transmission, or engine. i.e. I doubt it very much - no different than driving around with dirt on your rims !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
That might actually look pretty cool...be sure and post pics if you do it. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The place I talked to in Knoxville, TN said he would do all rims for $200

the price is fair. I don't know if he is just making it seem like a discount because he originally quoted me $75 a rim because they are 18 inches. I told him I'm broke from buying the car in the first place, so he said $200 out the door for all four rims.

The one thing I'm concerned with is the fact regarding the sensors in the wheels for PSI and such. Do you think it would mess those up? I honestly don't know how it actually measures it, so I wasn't too sure.

I'm also concerned of losing the classiness of the vehicle. I got the SLT2 in a 6cyl. all black and my friends think blacking the wheels will "ghetto" it.

I dunno, it's up in the air, I need to figure out if it will affect my sensors or not. The dealer said it would only affect the warranty on my wheel, which I didn't even know I had a warranty on the actual rim. lol

By the way, anyone here good with photoshop? so I can send you a pic of the car, and you can black the wheels out on it to see what it would look like??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
USFwrestler said:
The place I talked to in Knoxville, TN said he would do all rims for $200

the price is fair. I don't know if he is just making it seem like a discount because he originally quoted me $75 a rim because they are 18 inches. I told him I'm broke from buying the car in the first place, so he said $200 out the door for all four rims.

The one thing I'm concerned with is the fact regarding the sensors in the wheels for PSI and such. Do you think it would mess those up? I honestly don't know how it actually measures it, so I wasn't too sure.

I'm also concerned of losing the classiness of the vehicle. I got the SLT2 in a 6cyl. all black and my friends think blacking the wheels will "ghetto" it.

I dunno, it's up in the air, I need to figure out if it will affect my sensors or not. The dealer said it would only affect the warranty on my wheel, which I didn't even know I had a warranty on the actual rim. lol

By the way, anyone here good with photoshop? so I can send you a pic of the car, and you can black the wheels out on it to see what it would look like??[/color]
Exactly what I was going to suggest doing when I clicked "Quote" and read the last line!
;D
Seriously, take a good side shot of your vehicle and post it here.
Maybe someone with some time on their hands can touch it up for you.

You can even use MS Paint to black out the rims, you don't need any expensive software.
;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
They are not the oem but 18" found on tirerack.com but they are black...

It's not ugly, but it not "flashy" lol
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is my car. I know you don't need photoshop lol. I just do a little photography and it was the first thing that popped up lol
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
They are not the oem but 18" found on tirerack.com but they are black...

It's not ugly, but it not "flashy" lol[/color]
I think the black is a little much, definitely not flashy and looks like a nice "drive-by" vehicle, if you catch my drift, but to each their own, right?
:eek: 8)
 
G

·
USFwrestler said:
The one thing I'm concerned with is the fact regarding the sensors in the wheels for PSI and such. Do you think it would mess those up? I honestly don't know how it actually measures it, so I wasn't too sure.
I dunno, it's up in the air, I need to figure out if it will affect my sensors or not. The dealer said it would only affect the warranty on my wheel, which I didn't even know I had a warranty on the actual rim. lol
If you powder coat them you will have to remove the air valve stems and the TPMS sensors are attached to them anyway. I imagine GM can void your warranty on the wheel itself...give you some bullcrap about how the heat may have warped or weakend them ect....you know how they are!

Personally I think it would look kind of ghetto, or wanna be copster, or hey look at me, I drive around all year with my winter snow tires & rims.

I would go with something in the dark metallic brushed metal type of grey.....thats my best description, but the color I actually mean is Monza Grey MAGNO....(google it with pics), I saw this once at a mercedes dealer. Its a color option on the SLS AMG....a color in this realm might work.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top