GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Whoa the guy is getting 37MPG on Hwy and 24MPG city? NO way.

·
Registered
120 Posts
equinox2 said:
Whoa the guy is getting 37MPG on Hwy and 24MPG city? NO way.
He must have a magic Equinox that gets 37mpg or he is a hypermiler, I can get my DIC to show 40 -50 mpg while driving at 50 - 60mph but no way I could keep that up to get consistently.

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he did say that was on oddball 37 MPG. but normally sees 27 mpg.

Im surprissed no one has posted UOA on the DI 4 or 6 cyl NOX/Terrain...
yet many people are hailing certain brands of oil with no actual data to back up the recommendation.
And if it worked real well in your 1999 xyz--- well that car wasnt DI.

or you must all have some of these glasses and can analyze the oil just by looking at it.

·
Registered
715 Posts
GM has been using DI in their 2.4 L four cylinder engines since 2007, and the 3.6L V-6 had it as well since '07.
Don't recall a wide spread problem with those, as far as I know.
Other auto makers have been using it in various engines since the late 90's.
Fuel dilution was a problem with the older, less efficient carburetors, but most people didn't even think much about it.
That problem is back, along with the intake valve problems showing up on some European engines.
Keeping an eye on oil, or the smell, if you will, is one solution we have to get familiar with for now, at least.
Just my 2¢

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Not really liking that report but the engine is pretty brand new. If we can afford it, I will be sending off for a UOA when I change the oil next. It should be around 20k miles so it should be very telling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts