GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im considering buying a 2009-2010 GMC Terrain and was wondering what their like, and what better place to ask then a GMC Terrain Forum :p So basically, I would like to know how they are, if anyone has had any problems with them because I hear they are relatively new cars the terrain. But thats about it. Thank you very much :D

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Re: Possibly buying a 2009-2010 GMC Terraom

Id check out some of the delivery threads. There are plenty on here but mostly all are completely positive.

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Re: Possibly buying a 2009-2010 GMC Terraom

We've had ours 3 weeks and put 3300 miles on it, we really like everything about it!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
First of all, there is no such thing as a 2009 Terrain, but to answer your second question...The Terrain is a new for 2010 model that isn't entirely new. In other words, if you get a 2010 Equinox/Terrain, you're getting a vehicle based on a platform that dates back to 2002 with the Saturn Vue, and then the current stretched wheelbase variation in 2005. While the platform itself (Theta) has been around for nearly a decade, it has been refined over the years. Even though the engine choices (Ecotec 2.4L I4, 3.0L V6) and 6 speed transmissions are new to the platform...variations have been used in other GM vehicles. In summary, the Terrain is a new model based on proven hardware and not completely "all new". All I can tell you is that I spent nearly 3 months researching and test driving the competition (Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai, Ford) and the Equinox won me over in spite of the fact that I originally intended to go with one of the imports. I never expected to have a GM product in my garage..but I really have no regrets and feel I made the right choice.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
NoobNox said:
First of all, there is no such thing as a 2009 Terrain, but to answer your second question...The Terrain is a new for 2010 model that isn't entirely new. In other words, if you get a 2010 Equinox/Terrain, you're getting a vehicle based on a platform that dates back to 2002 with the Saturn Vue, and then the current stretched wheelbase variation in 2005. While the platform itself (Theta) has been around for nearly a decade, it has been refined over the years. Even though the engine choices (Ecotec 2.4L I4, 3.0L V6) and 6 speed transmissions are new to the platform...variations have been used in other GM vehicles. In summary, the Terrain is a new model based on proven hardware and not completely "all new". All I can tell you is that I spent nearly 3 months researching and test driving the competition (Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai, Ford) and the Equinox won me over in spite of the fact that I originally intended to go with one of the imports. I never expected to have a GM product in my garage..but I really have no regrets and feel I made the right choice.
No model year 2009 Terrains right?? one could argue that if it was built in 09 its a 09

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
No model year 2009 Terrains right?? one could argue that if it was built in 09 its a 09
One could argue that, but it isn't how the carmaker model year system works. The Equinox has been around since 05, but the current body style started in 2010 and there was no such thing as a GMC Terrain before it was introduced in late 09 as a 2010 model. I believe automakers used to use 1/2 years a long time ago, (my uncle has a 64 1/2 Mustang convertible) but stopped doing that before I was born...and I'm over 30.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just to clarify the Mustang 641/2 comment. Ford ( nor any other auto manufacturer) have ever used 6 month break points in their model years such as the 64 1/2 Mustang. You simply won't find ANY Mustangs titled as 641/2. They are all 65's, the 64 1/2 designation was "coined" by enthusiasts to denote a 65 Mustang that had a generator, not a alternator. These cars were generally built in the first 6 months of the 65 model production year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts