GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: Re: Possible to swap a 2012 Terrain ColorTouch for Intellilink head?

Really...you are hijacking this thread...it was about swapping the intelilink head units...start another please.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
106 Posts

smokey1384 said:
Really...you are hijacking this thread...it was about swapping the intelilink head units...start another please.

Not hijacking, talked about trading a '12 in for a '13 Denali so I could have the Intelilink system since it seems they will not do the swap on a '12. It was one question about color. Not an indepth thing. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
13 Posts

smokey1384 said:

I agree as well. I think the thread was hijacked and taken off topic

·
Registered
106 Posts
When I go in and have my Terrain done up with inspection I'll walk over to parts and try to talk to them and see. I had asked but nothing showed up in the system and by the sound of it others are getting it done. I'l let you guys know what I come up with within the next week or so when I get it done.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was just at the dealer for inspection today and talked to the parts guy. They can't find anything in their system, and I mentioned about how on GM forums that people are having it done. He said that if I can get part #'s for it that they'd more then happily do it for me. But on their end they don't have information for the system. So something tells me that its not in the parts system yet and probably will show up under 2013 models when it is fully rolled out. If anyone can either PM me part #'s or direct me where to look then I can pass it to my dealer.[/color] Its more then I was given the last time I asked.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Bump...

I posted on another thread but on Tech Link its says in base color touch screen the Bluetooth works via Onstar module. In the Intellink radio the Bluetooth functionality is in the radio. You will need radio part number.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I found a similar query on another site (Buick Regal) and this is the reply he got from a Buick Tech,

"What I can tell you is that in other models the 2012 to 2013 change does not affect the electrical system and all changes are internal to the radio. This means all you need is the head unit and you can swap it right over. I personally have not done this on a Regal, however I have done it on other models with nothing else to do but replace the radio. I do not see any reason why the Regal would be any different."

·
Registered
11 Posts

Sounds similar. I wonder about when you do this if you must have to somehow disable the onstar bluetooth function in the module. Otherwise both would be active causing grief. The radio must still be interconnected to the onstar module maybe via data bus. Someone on this forum must know more about this stuff so chirp in.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi, sorry for raising this thread from the dead but I wanted to confirm if its as simple as getting the IntelliLink head unit to upgrade a 2014 SLE-1? I just bought a used 2014 Terrain SLE-1 and really would like those added features.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New guy here! I have done a lot of research on changing out the UFU (Std Color Touch Radio) to the UFU & UP9 radio. My researched turned up nothing other than 1 person on this forum who was able to have a dealer change out the radio (definitive) and a "few components" (not confirmed) to get it working.

You can purchase the UFU & UP9 radio online at ebay for cheap and I have compared the connections on the back. They are identical connections so it is POSSIBLE to physically replace the unit to the upgrade but I am not sure how it will react. I will be testing this in the not to distant future to see if its possible.

This leads me into all the people upset that cant get Apps or Audio streaming on the unit (I am a techie, i WILL find a way. lol) After researching phones and devices to use I came up with one that works to both allow ColorTouch control of the Phone calling itself AND stream audio from the phone. This applies to 95% of the androids that are less than 3-3 1/2 years old...

You will need a Phone that supports bluetooth 2.0 and EDR(Enhanced Data Rate- this allows multistreaming). The Color Touch Standard that comes in as old as the first 2012 Terrains support this as well. You will then need a 3.5mm output Bluetooth Dongle http://www.bestbuy.com/site/isimple-blujax-3-5mm-bluetooth-adapter-black/8680102.p?id=1219357507980&skuId=8680102 similar to this. I used this one which is normally In Stock as of this date at BestBuy, also available on amazon.

I plugged it into the console inside and connected the USB cable to the USB port so it always charges. Works 8 Hours without a charge. Synced to my phone and saw that it said "My Vehicle - Connected Phone" and "BlueJax - Connected Audio) All Right!!!!! Tested playing Pandora, Google Maps and everything on the Aux setting. Worked Awesome. Then had someone call me and it came right through i was able to answer with the Steering wheel and Radio both, Music paused, ended the call, and Pandora kicked back in. I turned off the terrain, walked out of range and came back. Everything autoconnected all by itself. Pandora still needs controlled by the phone however. :thumb: This is completely acceptable for me being that I just bought it yesterday.

So for everyone that has been looking for a solution I really hope this helps us all in the right direction. I am going to continue research and let everyone know about how i upgrade to the UP9 (if possible) and Ill document what I had to do. I am sure that Many of those 3.5mm dongles can be used HOWEVER make SURE what ever you buy is ONLY audio Bluetooth and does NOT do Phone otherwise the datastreams will flow through the Aux for phone calls as well and you will not have radio/steering wheel control of your phone.

·
Registered
75 Posts
On my 2012 terrain my colortouch with nav died I found a intelalink with nav much cheaper I would hope this works

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
anzac said:
On my 2012 terrain my colortouch with nav died I found a intelalink with nav much cheaper I would hope this works
Please let us know if you are successful with this, and anything you learn. I also have a 2012 with the colortouch. It seems fine now, but it has acted buggy over the years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anybody find out more about this? I just bought a 2012 terrain and like so many others before me was unaware I would be able to pair my phone for playing music. I am not afraid of getting down and dirty with the electrical if somebody knows the procedure of upgrading to the UP9 along with my UFU.

I have managed to find this unit (GM Part Number (22897083)) which says it contains bluetooth. Could this be the part number needed for the UP9?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like you davidjjdj am looking to upgrade to UP9 code. Not getting many answers. It’s hard getting to the Truth. Wayne

·
Registered
2 Posts
As of yet i have not done a reprogram to include these features. To be honest, none of my customers or dealerships have made a complaint that they dont have the features included with Intellilink. If I do one I will be sure to post on here with required parts and procedures.
So I’m curious about the upgrade of the standard Mylink radio to the intellilink I have a 2012 terrain SLE when I have my phone connected by blue tooth it doesn’t show my phone book or caller on my screen

81 - 98 of 98 Posts