GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Warchilde said:
As of yet i have not done a reprogram to include these features. To be honest, none of my customers or dealerships have made a complaint that they dont have the features included with Intellilink. If I do one I will be sure to post on here with required parts and procedures.
How about pretending WE are a customer and find out what is needed?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Warchilde said:
A little clarification here, the standard colortouch radio and the intellilink are interchangable (with a software reprogram) but the colortouch with nav is NOT upgradable to intellilink. The wiring harnesses are different.
I'm curious how you know this for sure? Have you looked at the model numbers on both physical radios and they are the same (pre-intel and post-intel release.) Everything I've heard is the current in car radios don't have ADPT2 interfaces and therefore won't do any of the wireless features with the phone's data connection. So to me that is more than just a software update if the ADPT2 is internal in the radio.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I agree with JediSkipdogg.

Everything I have read, and also info from my dealer..

The Colortouch (nonNAV) is a different radio from the Intellilink radio. its not just a software upgrade..if its a software upgrade, Im getting it done!...

I also know that the Colortouch NAV is also a different radio from Intellilink..

the choice you have now is the Colortouch NAV or the Intellilnk radio or the Colortouch standard.

Its amazing, that after all this time, GM really cant answer this question...!

·
Registered
20 Posts
SkinsFan0521 said:
Just wanted to update and say that on Monday my 2012 Terrain was upgraded to an Intellilink radio by my dealer. So, the answer is that it can be done. I don't know what all they needed to do the swap, but it was done during the workday. They came and picked my car up in the morning and had it back in time for me to drive home.
What engine and model Terrain did you have this done on?
Also, would it possible to share what dealer did this for you?

GMC support is still trying to deny it is possible, so a little evidence would go a long way. I'm battling for this same option since I too was told that my vehicle had Intellilink when I purchased it, which of course id did not. Any information you can share would be very much appreciated. :beer:

·
Registered
472 Posts
DeKnurla said:
What engine and model Terrain did you have this done on?
Also, would it possible to share what dealer did this for you?

GMC support is still trying to deny it is possible, so a little evidence would go a long way. I'm battling for this same option since I too was told that my vehicle had Intellilink when I purchased it, which of course id did not. Any information you can share would be very much appreciated. :beer:
I am betting Skinsfan is full of it I PM'ed him and no reply. Been talking with the infotainment people and they say it can't be done. I did get a full year of Directions & Connections ( the day after I renewed my Onstar for $149 for 15 mo including 6 mo of D&C added ) as a consolation prize. I now have D&C untill Feb 2014. I guess I got a decent consolation prize. They said it requires both hardware and software to do it and the new Global update ( that replaced Tech2) has to recognize the car's RPOs to down load any software. Same issue I am having with onstar with my GM after market (GM installed and programmed) remote start not being on my smart phone app. They said the radio was $3k.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I asked my dealer for the information to pass along to the other members here and he never got back to me. If you'd like to check with my dealership it is Matthews GMC in Vestal, NY. I bought my Terrain from them and it is their service department who did the switch.

Hopefully some of you can get the information you need from Matthews and get your radios switched too.

You're free to post what you'd like about me being "full of it", but why would I bother to come on a forum and lie about something so ridiculous? I have much better things to do with my time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
SkinsFan0521 said:
I asked my dealer for the information to pass along to the other members here and he never got back to me. If you'd like to check with my dealership it is Matthews GMC in Vestal, NY. I bought my Terrain from them and it is their service department who did the switch.

Hopefully some of you can get the information you need from Matthews and get your radios switched too.

You're free to post what you'd like about me being "full of it", but why would I bother to come on a forum and lie about something so ridiculous? I have much better things to do with my time.
Thank you for the reply. I will contact your dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone done the swap and payed. I thought mine had intellelink as well.. My wife and just purchased 2 terrains 2012.. mine unfortunately did not and I'm a huge pandora fan. I wonder what the cost difference would be to swap it out?

·
Registered
2 Posts
SkinsFan0521 said:

Is it possible for me to get your last 6 digits of your VIN. I called your dealer and they need that to see wht was done to your vehicle. You can send them to my email if you wish as to not blast them all over the forum. email is [email protected]. I would greatly apprciate it.

Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes - very interested in knowing this...

·
Registered
472 Posts
:ditto:

·
Registered
106 Posts
vbiggs63 said:
Has anyone done the swap and payed. I thought mine had intellelink as well.. My wife and just purchased 2 terrains 2012.. mine unfortunately did not and I'm a huge pandora fan. I wonder what the cost difference would be to swap it out?
Thats my thing, its not the having to pay for it to be put in thats the issue, its the beign able to do it. I can understand ppl saying something about a radio being defective and wanting to only swap for the same so ppl don't break them so they can get the upgrade. But if I want to upgrade the radio i'm not allowed. Unless its adding navigation which is an option. Its an option on the 2012 Terrain, not standard so its not like your adding something to a 2011. so frustrating.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I myself am looking into trying to get this done. It looks like alot of people have been lied too and mislead by reviews before purchase, as i have. I purchased my SLE-1 2012 Terrain back in Nov of 2011. I asked about the whole Pandora, navigation features and was told my vehicle had it by the salesperson. Well he was not able to figure out how to work any of it or get it on. So he said he will have to contact the tech guy at the dealership. Unfortunately the tech guy was "not in" the day of looking at it and the day i signed and picked up my Terrain. He told me to go through the manual and ill get it. Well it's obvious i didn't have it and was lied too. I could've threw a big fuss and complained or whatever but not when you get hooked up on the vehicle. My Father-In-Law is really close with the owner and he gave me my vehicle below cost and a higher trade in then what my vehicle was worth. so therefore how can you complain? I have a Droid X and to play Pandora i have to hook up the AUX cable to my phone. Hooking a USB cable to my phone does absolutely nothing. USB box on my touch screen does not light up to function. As of now i came across a video on youtube, that shows putting IGO Navigation on it but you need to purchase a kit for integrating hardware and software. But no way would i pay $1,299 for it.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
SkinsFan0521 said:
So get back to him. Ring up your Dealer again and have the Service Dept. mail, email or pick it up yourself (there is an invoice even for warranty or in house work) and post it.

If that's inconvenient for you at this time, just post your last 8 VIN digits and we'll do the rest.

If I wasn't ordering a MY13 Denali, I'd be swapping mine out.

·
Registered
106 Posts
POLRCUB said:
So get back to him. Ring up your Dealer again and have the Service Dept. mail, email or pick it up yourself (there is an invoice even for warranty or in house work) and post it.

If that's inconvenient for you at this time, just post your last 8 VIN digits and we'll do the rest.

If I wasn't ordering a MY13 Denali, I'd be swapping mine out.
I personally would like to trade the '12 in for a '13 Denali with the 4 cylinder and AWD in the black. The White looks like it has black eyes since they reworked the headlights for the Denali version. But if I could just pay for them to swap out the head unit in the '12, then I think my dad would be really happy that I don't want to trade a one year car back in already. ^^ Though he'd get what he paid for it... lol I'd personally like dad in an Acadia Denali, me a Terrain Denali and mom in an Encore. ^^

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
knack0125 said:
I personally would like to trade the '12 in for a '13 Denali with the 4 cylinder and AWD in the black.
I'd check, (or perhaps you have already) but I don't think the Denali comes in AWD with the I4, does it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes the Denali starts by billing for the 4 on AWD then they add the charge for the upgrade to the 6, or at least that is how my price sticker is listed :)

I have 375 miles on my Denali and so far very happy with the fit and finish on it. The ride with the new dual flow dampeners does seems smoother then the ride I get with my sweetheart's LTZ Nox.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
POLRCUB said:
I'd check, (or perhaps you have already) but I don't think the Denali comes in AWD with the I4, does it?
Yea, the Terrain is set up like the normal models with having standard FWD and 4 cylinder power, extra $1500 for the V6 and $1750 for the AWD if i remember right. Other then those options (which i'd only add the AWD), I'd add the Navi for $795 and trailer hitch and have it in Onyx Black. If we were trading in could keep all my accesories and put them on the new one so no added cost. ^^

·
Registered
106 Posts
HoppyBrew said:
Yes the Denali starts by billing for the 4 on AWD then they add the charge for the upgrade to the 6, or at least that is how my price sticker is listed :)

I have 375 miles on my Denali and so far very happy with the fit and finish on it. The ride with the new dual flow dampeners does seems smoother then the ride I get with my sweetheart's LTZ Nox.
Looks awesome, is that the Onyx Black or Carbon Black Metalic? I say a brown one at a dealer few weeks ago while having warrenty work done and noticed the darker headlights. Less black eye looking with dark colors lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I paid the extra for the the Carbon Black. The Onyx Black is not a option with the Denali trim - only five colors are available. The Crystal Red and the Carbon Black are both $195 upgrade, but after seeing it in the sunlight I can say it is absolutely worth the price. First comment I received from a total stranger was that they loved the paint job.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts