GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
WVUTampaAlum said:
I purchased a terrain at beginning of May and it does have intellilink/ mylink.
I would be happy to look into this for you with the last eight of your VIN. Contact me privately for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Since it sounds like a hardware upgrade is out of the question, GM and or Pioneer should be working on a software upgrade for the Colortouch. It's a shame none of the new I-Phones, I-Touch, I-Pods are on the compatibility list. It is really frustrating to pay over $32,000 for a 2012 GMC Terrain and have issues with the Colortouch. I have talked to GM Tech support and they gave me a claim # but said no upgrades are in the future. They put it all in the hands of my service dept.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
especially when all the other manufacturers, big 3 and alot of the smaller companies have had or just put out systems...GM is behind in technology in this dept.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Possible to swap a 2012 Terrain ColorTouch for Intellilink head?

GM Customer Svc said:
I would be happy to look into this for you with the last eight of your VIN. Contact me privately for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
Don't need to check anything for me. I am 100% I have intellilink. I've already used pandora and stitcher. I have found though that I still cannot register on intellilink site yet. I'll have to try again this weekend and let you know if it does not work.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
cool!...kinda wish I had the Intellilink, just for the fun of new technology...but no biggie..Colortouch is cool too!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Possible to swap a 2012 Terrain ColorTouch for Intellilink head?

WVUTampaAlum said:
Don't need to check anything for me. I am 100% I have intellilink. I've already used pandora and stitcher. I have found though that I still cannot register on intellilink site yet. I'll have to try again this weekend and let you know if it does not work.
I did not understand what she was asking about myself :banghead:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I noticed that there have been a few recent posts asking if this has been done.

I just wanted to reiterate that I did have this successfully done by my dealer. So, it absolutely, 100% can be done. I have no idea what kind of $ to expect to be charged since my dealer did it for free because they told me that it would have it when I bought it.

·
Registered
472 Posts
SkinsFan0521 said:

I just wanted to reiterate that I did have this successfully done by my dealer. So, it absolutely, 100% can be done. I have no idea what kind of $ to expect to be charged since my dealer did it for free because they told me that it would have it when I bought it.
Could you talk with your dealer and ask how they did it and what part #'s were needed? It would be a great help since Trish says it can't be done. My dealer is willing but can't get the info.

·
Registered
118 Posts
SkinsFan0521 said:

I agree, I would love to know what the process is SkinsFan

·
Registered
33 Posts
Triple agree! If It can be done, I could probably get my service dept to make the switch. I have six years and 72,000 miles to get it right.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Yes, I'm curious too...

·
Registered
33 Posts
GeeBee75 says in the link "Intellilink VS Nav" that the colortouch upgrade option is not possible. Any one hear different? Any updates on the possibility?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Flash7117 said:
GeeBee75 says in the link "Intellilink VS Nav" that the colortouch upgrade option is not possible. Any one hear different? Any updates on the possibility?
Partially accurate. Software wise I think it's true. You can't get all the Intellilink features because there's extra hardware involved that the Color Touch doesn't have. Now, one can swap the entire unit and get the upgrade. So far though nobody has posted what parts need to be swapped and how much those cost.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Still waiting Skinsfan c'mon help us out here it should only take a few minutes to get the parts numbers and procedure. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
That was his last post....regarding that it can be done...I hope he can respond on this.

·
Registered
45 Posts
A little clarification here, the standard colortouch radio and the intellilink are interchangable (with a software reprogram) but the colortouch with nav is NOT upgradable to intellilink. The wiring harnesses are different.

This from the GM SI website:
Vehicle production starting February 2012 may have the MyLink or IntelliLink optional feature (RPO UP9). If the vehicle was built without this optional feature, it is not possible to upgrade due to the complexity of the wireless interface system. Please refer to the glove box SPID label when verifying this optional (UP9) feature :facepalm:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Warchilde said:
A little clarification here, the standard colortouch radio and the intellilink are interchangable (with a software reprogram) but the colortouch with nav is NOT upgradable to intellilink. The wiring harnesses are different.

This from the GM SI website:
Vehicle production starting February 2012 may have the MyLink or IntelliLink optional feature (RPO UP9). If the vehicle was built without this optional feature, it is not possible to upgrade due to the complexity of the wireless interface system. Please refer to the glove box SPID label when verifying this optional (UP9) feature :facepalm:
Have you reprogrammed a colortouch to have MyLink/IntelliLink?

·
Registered
45 Posts
kain2thebrain said:
Have you reprogrammed a colortouch to have MyLink/IntelliLink?
As of yet i have not done a reprogram to include these features. To be honest, none of my customers or dealerships have made a complaint that they dont have the features included with Intellilink. If I do one I will be sure to post on here with required parts and procedures.

41 - 60 of 98 Posts