GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at the terrain for some time now and may possibly pick one up as early as tomorrow.

What I am looking at:
SLT2 Onyx Black with black leather
4cyl AWD

My question is what are your thoughts on black paint and scratches/marks and is the black leather real hot in the summer(PA)? I was looking at a SLE2 with options, but the leather seats seamed really nice....any info on the comfort of the leather over cloth for long trips?

Also before anyone says i should go with a 6 cyl, i drive 20,000 miles a year and would much rather have better gas mileage than performance.

G

·
Black does look nice when clean but does show up scratches dents and dings more. It also looks dirtier quicker. Silver is the best color to illeviate these problems.

As for the darker color interior, don't worry about it. Go with what is most pleasing to your eye. You always got the AC to cool everything down and the higher trim levels have the deeper tinted glass. It's not like you're going to burn yourself jumping in to a black seat as opposed to the brown or grey accent color seats. Also, If your were in the southern states where it's hot all year maybe black seats might be an issue, but not where you are.

As for the 6 cyl. I got it and it does have a more power but not a whole, whole lot more. You have an extra 600cc's but a lot of that extra power gets eaten up by the heavier vehicle weight and the hydraulic power steering. You do get more power, but not proportionally more power. The nice thing about the I4 is the electric power steering feels way nicer than the hydraulic on the V6.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you travel alot and need a better gas mileage then you need I4 FWD but this engine is not good for towing I guess & I don't think if the FWD is better in winter unless you have a winter tire.

·
Registered
748 Posts
So what is the tint oin the rear glass. I have an SLE2 and IIRC it's 18%. Are there ones out there darker than that?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I have the Summit white SLT2 with the V6 ans gas mileage is actually surprising. Doing about 130 i average about 28-29 mpg. I would have to say that black is not a great choice on colors. It does dirty way quicker than any other color and you can see absolutely everything on it. Dust, stratches, and dents (if some jerk happen to give you one in a parking lot). I also have the brownstone interior and i love the leather. It isnt too hot in the summer at all. I dont find anyways but mind you i have the remote start so i just set my a/c on and by the time i get into the truck its cool. Well, good luck with your decision and trust me you'll LOVE it!!!

Cheers,

ICEBEAR [/color]

·
Registered
86 Posts
Every vehicle I've owned has been Black! They look the best, but they are the hardest to keep clean and free of ugly white scratches. That being said I would go with what looks best to you!

If you do go with Black plan on getting a professional detail after each winter. It makes a world of difference. In between that, pick up the Turtle Wax "Black Box" It is a special wax and cleaner for black vehicles only. Its an amazing product, and keeps your black car looking great for months at a time. I just turned in a 3 year old Dodge Avenger when my lease was up. It had small scratches all over and a bunch of built up old wax, dirt, and grime that I was afraid I was going to get charged for. I researched the Black Box and bought it for $20 at my local auto parts store. It takes about 2 hours to do start to finish, but I have to say the car looked new, and the dealer where I turned in the car agreed!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply's. I think i am OK with the black exterior, its just the all black interior is not my thing(anymore). My current vehicle (2006 Nissan Sentra) has an all black interior and i just want something lighter. The Titanium or the Brownstone would look nice....especially the titanium.

Also i never new about the black box. I actually take real good care of my cars and detail them often. I clay bar my 328 twice a year and use a carnuba wax(though i prefer a cleaner wax called Zymol, but i cant find it anymore).

I guess its going to come down to if i am willing to stick with this interior, or if the dealer can find a similar Terrain with a different interior color.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
rutger1413 said:
Thanks for the reply's. I think i am OK with the black exterior, its just the all black interior is not my thing(anymore). My current vehicle (2006 Nissan Sentra) has an all black interior and i just want something lighter. The Titanium or the Brownstone would look nice....especially the titanium.

Also i never new about the black box. I actually take real good care of my cars and detail them often. I clay bar my 328 twice a year and use a carnuba wax(though i prefer a cleaner wax called Zymol, but i cant find it anymore).

I guess its going to come down to if i am willing to stick with this interior, or if the dealer can find a similar Terrain with a different interior color.
I personally find the black exterior and interior are too much black for me. Have you saw pictures of the brownstone interior? It is a mixture of black and brown. I have pics but i cant post them because the file size is too big for what the forum allows but i'm sure if you googled it, you'd find something. I'll see if i can downsize the pics and possibly post some.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Send it to me and I can reduce the size for you.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have the SLE-2 V6 AWD Onyx Black with black leather.
I tinted the windows and added tint to the rear windows, I love the way it looks.
I do about 3000 miles a month, the exterior does get dirty it doesn't bother me to much, when it does a quick wash and it looks better.
I had it through the summer in NJ and the black interior never bothered me, though I always used the remote start to cool it off a bit before I actually got into the car.

G

·
With a black exterior I think the brownstone interior would clash....go with the titanium instead, if you go black.
Also, the "Black Granite" is much nicer than just the plain black.

Have you considered the Mocha Metallic. It's nice because depending on the lighting it can look really dark and brown, or sometimes surprisingly light and grey'ish. And this goes well with the Brownstone. This is what I have and love it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I can't hack that brownstone interior. Reminds me way too much of the Jeep Wagoneer Limited I had years ago. Had the same colour dash, seats, steering wheel, headliner, etc, etc. Thankfully the 80s are over... and took their burnt orange with them!

I figured black interior would be less polarizing for the next buyer. I don't keep my vehicles very long, so resale is quite an important factor in the purchase decisions I make.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Terrain said:
... and took their burnt orange with them!
Brownstone is not even close to burnt/Texas orange. ::)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Terrain said:
I can't hack that brownstone interior. Reminds me way too much of the Jeep Wagoneer Limited I had years ago. Had the same colour dash, seats, steering wheel, headliner, etc, etc. Thankfully the 80s are over... and took their burnt orange with them!

I figured black interior would be less polarizing for the next buyer. I don't keep my vehicles very long, so resale is quite an important factor in the purchase decisions I make.
Terrain, dude, seriosuly, stop hating on people's choices. What the hell. Just say you went with black because of resale. ****.

·
Registered
698 Posts
georgi55 said:
Terrain, dude, seriosuly, stop hating on people's choices. What the hell. Just say you went with black because of resale. ****.
Easy big guy. I'm entitled to my opinion, just as you are.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Terrain said:
Easy big guy. I'm entitled to my opinion, just as you are.
Easy small guy. Opinion? Yes. Talking trash about something like those who selected brownstone are stuck in 80s? That's a bit different.

"Thankfully the 80s are over... and took their burnt orange with them!"

·
Registered
698 Posts
What the f*ck are you talking about? Obviously I was referring to my Jeep's interior, which was from the 80s. I don't give a rat's @ss whether you chose brownstone or not. I wouldn't because, as I indicated, it reminds me of my old Wagoneer.

Calm down. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
635 Posts
I like my "Corinthian" brownstone leather. Lol

·
Registered
101 Posts
Roesterman said:
I like my "Corinthian" brownstone leather. Lol
I'm quite fond of my dinosaur leather with cow leather inserts. Of course, the cow part had to be painted "jet" black, but the dino leather already comes in that color out of the ground ;)
dinosaur leather is big business in Texas... just don't you go around calling it plastic mmkay? :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts