GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my name's mike. my fiance just had her car rear ended and totaled a few days ago and we're looking at buying a new car for her. She decided she likes the 2012 Equinox LTZ. We live in bakersfield, CA and just came back from the dealership after negotiating some payments. Wanted a few opinions from you guys before i settled on anything.

2012 Black Equinox LTZ
Leather
Navigation
Moonroof
Fully loaded
sticker price was around $34,300

after a few minutes of talking they asked me for my costco card if i had one which i didn't know why. Guess they gave me some preferred GM price on the vehicle of 32,700. in the end they took away another $500 and had the vehicle price of 32,500. now as far as payments we aren't looking to go past $500 a month. After some dealing and talking the best they could offer me was $515 a month for 72 months which ends up being $37,080 in the end with a 2.9%%??

i told them i don't want to spend more than $500 a month. what do you guys think? can i talk them down a lot more?

·
Registered
87 Posts
that's probably the best they will do.

I have a 2LT but similar setup... sunroof, dvd, navigation, rear seat entertainment (mine is 2011) and out the door, taxes and everything was $513 a month payments.

Are you putting any money down on it in that figure?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
They are not having a problem moving them...so yeah, probably best they will do...see about one that doesnt have as many options if its too much..

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
Keep in mind that you are talking $0.50 per day. In NY, that is one cigarette per day. One for it if they won't come down any more, but 1st plead you case.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My only advice in your situation is to shop around. It's worth checking out other dealerships, especially on something as simple as internet quotes. You might be surprised at what comes your way with those quotes.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Go buy a used Terrain/nox save some money for down the road after 3weeks your neighbors won't be impressed with the LTZ anymore and you will be paying for 72 months.

·
Registered
89 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Go buy a used Terrain/nox save some money for down the road after 3weeks your neighbors won't be impressed with the LTZ anymore and you will be paying for 72 months.
\
To mikesLTZ,
My situation is similiar to yours. I had a 2010 EQ totaled, and am picking up a 2012 tomorrow with the insurance payoff and a couple of thousand of my own money. I looked at used EQs, but the prices were high and if you get a 20,000 mileage used car, you only have 16,000 until your warranty is up. The LTZ you quoted to us must be loaded with tons of stuff, including 18 or 19" wheels that add a grand to the price. If you can find one without a sunroof and the other stuff, even with NAV you should come close to 30K sales price. Have her drive a 4 cylinder one also, unless you are towing or need the power, a 4cyl is plenty adequate.
Good luck, the dealer can find you another on and have it transferred.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
fullcourt said:
\
To mikesLTZ,
My situation is similiar to yours. I had a 2010 EQ totaled, and am picking up a 2012 tomorrow with the insurance payoff and a couple of thousand of my own money. I looked at used EQs, but the prices were high and if you get a 20,000 mileage used car, you only have 16,000 until your warranty is up. The LTZ you quoted to us must be loaded with tons of stuff, including 18 or 19" wheels that add a grand to the price. If you can find one without a sunroof and the other stuff, even with NAV you should come close to 30K sales price. Have her drive a 4 cylinder one also, unless you are towing or need the power, a 4cyl is plenty adequate.
Good luck, the dealer can find you another on and have it transferred.
But she will have 6 years of payments... unless one can walk out of the dealers with title in hand(paid for) wouldn't it be smart to tone down what you want instead of what you need and purchase a used vehicle and within a couple years another used vehicle How much is this 6 year old vehicle going to be worth and what about its warranty?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ended up buying the black granite LTZ Fully loaded for $31,450. Happy with the purchase price since it was about $3500 off of sticker price. my fiance loves it and it's real nice interior and exterior wise.

·
Registered
91 Posts
mikeysLTZ said:
Ended up buying the black granite LTZ Fully loaded for $31,450. Happy with the purchase price since it was about $3500 off of sticker price. my fiance loves it and it's real nice interior and exterior wise.
Congratulations! I hope my wife and I can pick ours up next week.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'm a big forum user mainly for my S197 Mustang GT but i'll be a member on here for years to come. First off since me and my fiance are new to the chevy equinox line, where can we find good deals on different grills? and how much do a set of the stock 18" chrome wheels and tires go for? looking to maybe change out the rims for black rims in the future. any forum sponsors?

·
Registered
748 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
:thumb:LMAO!!!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
yeah, that was good...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Phantm006 said:
:thumb:LMAO!!!

If You guys buy vehicles to impress your neighbors then you buy cars for the wrong reason. I'm not in high school so I could care less what other people think about the cars I drive.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
mikeysLTZ said:
If You guys buy vehicles to impress your neighbors then you buy cars for the wrong reason. I'm not in high school so I could care less what other people think about the cars I drive.
But you purchased a 35000 dollar vehicle that will be worth about 15000 by the time it's paid off so it appears as though you buy vehicles for the wrong reason...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why does it matter how much it's worth in the end if I dont sell any of the cars I buy? :thumbdown:

Between me and my fiancé, we will have this car paid off in 3 years or less.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congrats on your new EQ. I picked up my Silver LTZ with jet black int. today. You should get a hitch for yours. I have the one I took off my totaled EQ. Great for a bike rack, you can't even see it from behind, and if you have ever been rearended in a car with a hitch most of the damage is on the other car :cheers:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts