GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is enough room to place a portable locked handgun case in the center console. But where can you anchor or attach the wire cable. Any other ideas? With the electric driver seat, I am not sure of putting anything under the seat? Thanks. Billl

·
Registered
116 Posts
willyd said:
There is enough room to place a portable locked handgun case in the center console. But where can you anchor or attach the wire cable. Any other ideas? [/color] With the electric driver seat, I am not sure of putting anything under the seat? Thanks. Billl
Yes. IWB. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
An under the seat box really isn't a good option because of the air vents, but I think it would be difficult to secure it to anything in the console that isn't plastic....so I can't really think of a good place other than possibly under the backseat. (making it inconvenient of course)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree IWB - but my business carries me into hospitals, doctor offices, etc. and I need a way to store the weapon the best I can. I contacted several vendors about a mounted safe but none for the Equinox.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Haole Da Kine said:
Yes. IWB. :thumb:
That only works if you're certified for concealed carry. For example in Texas you can keep a concealed (legally owned) weapon in your vehicle without a CCL..

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I just put my weapons, in their plastic cases, on the front passenger floor(pistols) or the floor in back(rifles).

·
Registered
39 Posts
I understand you are looking for ideas on how to attach your case. My two cents, is I carry mine in a "pancake" type holder that fits perfectly in the hollow under the entertainment center. In fact. it sits upright and I keep the zipper open for easy access. When I'm not in the vehicle,(not allowed to carry into work) I just place it in the center console and lock the vehicle. (in Arizona, you don't have to have a CCL to carry a concealed weapon).

IMHO, if someone knows what you have, where you keep it, and really wants it.....they will find a way to make it happen.....then I would worry about having the center console ripped appart :shrug:.

Would a lock of some sort on the center console itself work in the instance?

BTW, what is "IWB" referring to?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Haole Da Kine said:
Inside Waist Band
LOL, last time I tried that move, my 38 fell down the back of my britches! Try that on for a visual :confused:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
redhairedgirl said:
(in Arizona, you don't have to have a CCL to carry a concealed weapon).
So everyone can holster a weapon in Arizona? ??? In Texas you can have a concealed weapon in your car, but have to have a CCL to carry it around with you..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yup, here in AZ do not have to have a CCL to carry a handgun. You can have it in your handbag (or fannypac :facepalm: :facepalm: for the guys) or you can have it in a holster on your person. Very liberal gun laws as far as where/when you can carry.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Haole Da Kine said:
Inside Waste Band Holster :eek:hno: lol ;D
Gotta tell ya, that is another visual all together.......ladies can have elastic WAISTbands which are not too condusive to a heavy weapon.......and tell me in your infinate wisdom how that holster is gonna work with my dress? (waist band holster for pantyhose? >:D)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts