GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume it is due to the cold weather, but has anyone else heard any "popping" sounds coming from the upper windshield/ rear view mirror area? It is loudest when going over bumps, as if the parts/trim are not seating correctly or are too tight. I did not notice it until after I had the recall done, maybe it was due to the trim pieces being replaced too tight???

·
Registered
25 Posts
I experienced this once late last week. I don't know what the cause is - it's been pretty consistently in the 30's (I know thats a heat wave for some of you, but in Texas, it's COLD!) so there weren't any significant changes in the temps. When it happened, I had been driving my vehicle for about 40 minutes, so it's not like I'd just jumped into a cold vehicle and then heard it. My Civic used to do this periodically, but never as loud as the Nox was the other day. Not only was it loud, it happened about 4 times in the space of about 5 minutes - I was a bit unnerved by it, but thankfully haven't heard it again since then.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I guess I should call GM. I don't think my issue was related to that one though - it definitely sounded like it was the windshield - like a seal that was settling or something. It started as I was coming to a stop from exiting the freeway and a couple of the pops actually occurred while I was sitting completely still at the light.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm hearing the same sound on my Nox. And upon checking I do not have any water leaks that I've found.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am experiencing the same popping/tearing noise. It almost sounds as if the weather stripping around the windshield is not holding up. It only happens when outside temperature is extremely cold, just under 30 degrees.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same thing on my Terrain. It's happening at very low temperatures: around -18 c or 0 f and lower. Went to my dealer two weeks ago for an oil change, went with the mechanic on the road to show him the noise... Unfortunately, he did the oil change first, so the car had time to warm in the garage and we didn’t hear anything. He said that it could be the plastic parts near the windshield that are very tight. At very low temperature you could hear some noises thinking it’s coming from the windshield. At the end I asked the dealer to put the reported problem on my invoice just in case the windshield cracks and this had to be repaired under warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts