GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Equinox, and I just got done replacing my sway bars on both sides in front. I started hearing a popping noise again after I was done, I looked and my driver front one wasn't tightened all the way, so I tighted it up. The noise was gone and it was fine, now I'm hearing a more pronounced popping, if you will, when I go over bumps, so it has to do with something that moves with the suspension I'm guessing, it doesn't make it when I turn my steering wheel, and I went in there and retightened absolutely everything I could from the a frame out. I'm guessing maybe it's my strut going out? But when I push down on the front of my vehicle on driver's side I cannot get it to make the sound. Driver front is only place a can hear it, and feel it in the floorboard.

·
Registered
441 Posts
you replaced the bars?!?! were they bent? a sway bar usually isnt the culprit, the end links it attaches too go bad, and/or just the bushings.....

if you can 'feel' it i would lean toward a ball joint being bad on the driver side....1st gen nox's have bad designs for ball joints and fail quite frequently...do you notice it being louder driving down the road then it use to be?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sway bars has the rubber pieces completely worn off of there, and they were rusty and very hard to even get the joint to rotate.

It happened just one day, so it went from no noise after replacing my sway bars, to a lot of noise instantly. It's just mostly when the road is rough enough to make my suspension work, anything that is remotely a uneven surface makes it kind of sound like a popping sound whenever the suspension moves back to its normal position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have solved this problem on my own. The sway bar on driver's side wasn't tight enough. It came loose once after I replaced it, and I tightened it, but I got a great grip on the bolt and nut and tightened it down really tight, now there's no noise and I didn't cost me anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts