GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I did search. However, I found no other similar complaints.

The wife's Equinox has had a popping noise coming from the rear, passenger area since day one. It occurs once the car warms up and while it is sitting after a drive. We've even noticed it while sitting at a red light. So, I'm guessing something is getting heated up by the exhaust maybe? Regardless, I can't narrow it down. But it seems to be coming from the actual body of the car, not the suspension. The pop occurs every few minutes or so.

Anyone else notice this on their ride?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? Well, I guess that solves that.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I am glad to see that you were able to narrow down your concern. If you feel that this is getting worse, I would recommend contacting your local dealer for further assistance. Please feel free to keep me posted as well. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, we do have a couple issues and will be dropping it off at the dealer soon. Overall, it's been a good vehicle.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dear lord I thought I was the only one experiencing this issue... The noise my vehicle experiences is very hard to "explain". On a cold start on a short drive down the road (which we make often) especially when sitting in a drive through as the vehicle warms up we hear a pop, pop, pop pop pop pop,.... pop, pop... it is sort of a thumpy pop sound (deep toned) and not just like a snap type of pop...

Does this situation sound familiar to anyone else? It happens literally all of the time. Has anyone actually had this issue diagnosed and corrected? This is one of the many noises our 2010 equinox makes... First it was the timing chain rattle that damaged 8 valves in the first 2 cylinders along with the loud ticking from the HP fuel pump that our chevy dealer "corrected" by muffling the sound out with a shield and a squeaking driver seat along with finally a random thumping/clunk sound when making right hand turns...

This car is only a 2010 with 22,000 miles and makes more noises than my soon to be 20 year old truck. It literally is getting old fast... Considering trading it in for a non chevrolet vehicle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts