GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, New to this forum but not new to the forum world. Like many, I joined seeking answers to my vehicle issues. Recently I purchased a 2020 Terrain Denali. Have had it 3 months and have popping noises/ clicking noises comming from the side pillars near the handles/ microphone, on the drivers and passengers side. Its constant as im driving, especially when the road is bumping. Have taken it in for repairs twice for this issue. About to drop it off again monday, just wondering if any of you have had this same issue and what the fix was. I have uploaded video of these issues to youtube and below are the links. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
very interesting..
that reminded me of the issue from several years ago--
where the magnetic fasteners were coming loose on the headliners... causing it to drop...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, New to this forum but not new to the forum world. Like many, I joined seeking answers to my vehicle issues. Recently I purchased a 2020 Terrain Denali. Have had it 3 months and have popping noises/ clicking noises comming from the side pillars near the handles/ microphone, on the drivers and passengers side. Its constant as im driving, especially when the road is bumping. Have taken it in for repairs twice for this issue. About to drop it off again monday, just wondering if any of you have had this same issue and what the fix was. I have uploaded video of these issues to youtube and below are the links. Thanks.

I recently got my 2021 GMC Terrain and it is making that same sound. I did find out that it is coming from the active noise cancellation microphone. I don’t know how to fix it yet, but I will be letting them know at the dealership when I take it in for service.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I recently got my 2021 GMC Terrain and it is making that same sound. I did find out that it is coming from the active noise cancellation microphone. I don’t know how to fix it yet, but I will be letting them know at the dealership when I take it in for service.
Sorry for the late reply, been busy working alot.
So ive taken my vehicle in 9 times already for this issue. After the 6th time when I took it back and the service tech blew up on me, I called GM and have a case with them. Im sick and tired of dealing with this issue. Im with another dealership now and they have tried a couple things to fix it. I just herd earlier that they think they finally fixed it, but there going to drive the car around some more tomorrow and then ill pick it up. They’ve tried replacing the assist handles, added padding a couple times, and installed shims in the panels. Still had the clicking noise and it has progressively gotten worse. This last time they re-adjusted the shims and believe to have solved the issue.
I also at some point believed that it was the microphones, but the more I messed with them, the more I started to believe that less.
I would take it in to the dealer first and mention the service bulletine posted above in this thread. I Would also call GM directly and open a case with them. This way they can also refrence my case with them to help repair your vehicle and also helps to make them aware that this is and ongoing issue with several vehicles. Maybe this way they can also issue a recall. I strongly believe there are alot of other people with this issue as well. Best of luck, feel free to message me if you need any other information on my case or any help. Ill try to post an update once the issue is finally resolved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, been busy working alot.
So ive taken my vehicle in 9 times already for this issue. After the 6th time when I took it back and the service tech blew up on me, I called GM and have a case with them. Im sick and tired of dealing with this issue. Im with another dealership now and they have tried a couple things to fix it. I just herd earlier that they think they finally fixed it, but there going to drive the car around some more tomorrow and then ill pick it up. They’ve tried replacing the assist handles, added padding a couple times, and installed shims in the panels. Still had the clicking noise and it has progressively gotten worse. This last time they re-adjusted the shims and believe to have solved the issue.
I also at some point believed that it was the microphones, but the more I messed with them, the more I started to believe that less.
I would take it in to the dealer first and mention the service bulletine posted above in this thread. I Would also call GM directly and open a case with them. This way they can also refrence my case with them to help repair your vehicle and also helps to make them aware that this is and ongoing issue with several vehicles. Maybe this way they can also issue a recall. I strongly believe there are alot of other people with this issue as well. Best of luck, feel free to message me if you need any other information on my case or any help. Ill try to post an update once the issue is finally resolved.
Thank you, I will go ahead and contact GM and take it in. I did notice that it happens when it is warm outside. I tried applying pressure to the ceiling liner and it stops rattling, but it is frustrating to hear that while driving. Thanks again, I hope that gets resolved soon for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, I will go ahead and contact GM and take it in. I did notice that it happens when it is warm outside. I tried applying pressure to the ceiling liner and it stops rattling, but it is frustrating to hear that while driving. Thanks again, I hope that gets resolved soon for you.
Yeah your describing it exactly how mine was. The heat seemed to cause it to rattle more. Makes sense though because the heat causes the metal to expand.

Small mini update, Picked up the car this past Thursday and so far it has not rattled. Crossing my fingers, time will tell. Ill post another update in 2-3 weeks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sad to report, the rattle is back. Wife just sent me a video of her driving it and its pretty bad. Ill be calling GM and the dealer monday. 10th time taking the vehicle back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts