GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I just purchased a 2007 Equinox with only 33,000 miles. I love it to death. The only problem I have is the lack of air flow from the vents. It almost sounds like there is a clog or something in the ducting. Hardly any air comes out of either of the side vents and the two vents in the center don't blow much at all, even with the fan turned all the way up. When I turn the knob to change the airflow to the defroster or the floor, the airflow does not seem to be any better.
I have changed the cabin filter and have even tried removing the filter but unfortunately, there was no improvement.

Has anyone else had a problem with this? Is there a solution?

Chris

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
If it's all the vents, I'd say it was the fan. If just a certain vent, then maybe a blockage or stuck vent door/deflector.

·
Registered
441 Posts
yea probably the blower motor....that drives the air through the filter inside the cabin....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The blower motor does run and I get some air but it sure doesn't seem like it is enough. It's almost like somethng is blocking the air.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
Does the blower motor change speed when you try different speeds. If not, then it is probably a dropping resister in the switch. Usually a pretty easy/cheap repair.

If it changes speeds, then try taking out the blower motor, and run a "snake" through the ducts to find the obstruction.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
The fan on my Aztek slowly went slower and slower until there was very little air coming out of the vents. I had another motor installed and restored the flow to the original speeds.
Does the air smell bad? Maybe something crawled in there and died.
I bet it's just a stuck door though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
is there such thing as air filters for the A/C in the 10 nox?

·
Registered
207 Posts
RhythmiC said:
is there such thing as air filters for the A/C in the 10 nox?
Should be, my 2008 Cobalt SS has a cabin air filter.
The owners manual should tell you if it does and how to change it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
There's a cabin filter behind the glove box.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The passenger compartment air
filter can be accessed by removing
the entire glove box.

1. Open the glove box completely
and locate the stop tab on top of
the glove box door.

2. Push the stop tab upwards until
the stop tab is under the
instrument panel assembly and
the glove box is released.

3. Unsnap the tabs beneath the
glove box that connects it to the
bottom of the instrument panel
assembly.

4. Remove the glove box.

5. Locate the service door for the
passenger compartment air filter.

6. Push the two tabs upwards and
release the latches holding the
service door. Lift the
service door.

7. Remove the old air filter.

8. Install the new air filter.

9. Close the service door and
latches.

10. Re‐install the glove box.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Me. That's how I knew the filter was behind the glove box. :D

·
Registered
977 Posts
And that filter is expensive. Wix makes one that is cheaper. You can by it at Rockauto. With may other cars even with the fan off you get ait from the vents .. Not with the Nox. Just hit 2000 miles today after close to 3 months. So far very happy with the vehicle and no defects except with a small paint problem. The 4 is quite and the power is great!

·
Registered
38 Posts
thanks guys, couldn't find it in the manuel. to lazy to check, is there one already in there? or do i need to get one? and does it say way size or shape of filter i need? lol

·
Registered
177 Posts
Equinox P/N for the cabin filter is 19130294 (see Page 10-9 of the Owner's Manual). According to other posts on this site, not all Equinoxes had them installed at the factory for some reason.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
TheCrow1994 said:
The passenger compartment air
filter can be accessed by removing
the entire glove box.

1. Open the glove box completely
and locate the stop tab on top of
the glove box door.

2. Push the stop tab upwards until
the stop tab is under the
instrument panel assembly and
the glove box is released.

3. Unsnap the tabs beneath the
glove box that connects it to the
bottom of the instrument panel
assembly.

4. Remove the glove box.

5. Locate the service door for the
passenger compartment air filter.

6. Push the two tabs upwards and
release the latches holding the
service door. Lift the
service door.

7. Remove the old air filter.

8. Install the new air filter.

9. Close the service door and
latches.

10. Re‐install the glove box.
I know this is an old post..but I wanted to give you props anyway. I changed my cabin air filter last night thanks to your detailed instructions, and btw this seems to be the only place on the net (according to a google search) that gives more than "pop out the glovebox and the filter is behind it".

·
Registered
977 Posts
You can get the cabin filter on ebay for less than $10. TYC brand made in Tiawan. I just changed mine and the media is identical to the OEM one I replaced. Took 5 minutes. A little confused on the tabs (4 I believe that hinge the bottom of the glovebox) or it would have been quicker. If you buy 2 the give you a shipping discount so it's $18 and change for 2 shipped. When my wife uploads the pictures I'll post. I changed after 8 months. A bit clogged could have gone the year. My 2000 Saturn where the filter is near the fire wall I have to change every 6 months. That one gets a lot of leaves and debris.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts